What if the guy u like asked u to come over to his place for DVD and Dinner in the FIRST DATE????
Dating / 6:58 AM - Monday March 30, 2009

I like this guy who I met through my work, we always try to have work execuses to talk to each other and he asked me out before but never set a date.. so I asked him out to cirque de soliel, but he couldnt come. Now he asked me to come over to his place to watch DVD and COOK FOR HIM.. could you blieve that.. I mean we havent go out before and this is our first date and he want it to be at his place.. I know what thought would be in his brain does that mean he doesnt respect me and want to sleep with me be4 knowing me??? I really like this guy and we have known each other for one year but never went out togather?? I wonder wht does this mean?????????I NEED ADVISE

I always had a rule that if a guy wanted to go out with me, that he actually had to TAKE me out. This come to my place business is nothing more than an attempt to get you in his comfort zone so he can get what he wants. Not a good way to start anything off. Just tell him, I'd love to go out with you sometime but I'm just not comfortable with the whole your place or mine thing yet. Let's get to know each other first.

At this point, YOU set the precidence for how this relationship will go - whether you become datable or just a booty call. Respond accordingly.

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I'd say it meant he was a cheap bastard who is also lazy and willing to take advantage of you. If he's making you cok at his house!

Also I'd be inclined to say he doesn't really like you he just wants to get his end away

- Response by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

Run! Run fast, run far! If this is the beginning of a relationship it will only go downhill from there.

- Response by blackkat, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

I thought you liked him? If so, why do you place such an immense value on what the date looks like? You one of those women that only value how much the man pays for dinner? If not, then I don't see what's wrong with that. You can cook together, do the dishes together, watch a movie together, what's wrong with that? A great way of bonding IMHO. And you really don't have to sleep with him if you don't want to, do you now?

And you've known eachother for one year so he might be thinking that your current status isn't exactly that of two people who just met at a bar so he dared to propose something a bit more "advanced".

Just think: you can ALWAYS and AT ANY POINT leave his place. However if you just forget about him because of cosmotalk about what first date should look like then you might miss the love of your life.

(You could always invite him out to your idea of a first date and then make dinner together for the 2nd date if the number is sooooooooooooooooo important :P)

- Response by windlord, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Who Cares?

It's one thing if he asked you over and said he would cook for you. I have actually been on a couple of dates like that and thought it was a sweet gesture...in fact, one of the guys was so cute telling me how he called his mom 10 times during the day worrying if he was doing everything right.

But for him to invite you over to cook FOR HIM??? That is a big no no....sounds like he wants a waitress or a maid instead of a date.

Just because you go to a man's apartment doesn't mean you have to sleep with him or he expects you to sleep with him.

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?