What if the guy u like asked u to come over to his place for DVD and Dinner in the FIRST DATE????
Dating / 6:58 AM - Monday March 30, 2009

I like this guy who I met through my work, we always try to have work execuses to talk to each other and he asked me out before but never set a date.. so I asked him out to cirque de soliel, but he couldnt come. Now he asked me to come over to his place to watch DVD and COOK FOR HIM.. could you blieve that.. I mean we havent go out before and this is our first date and he want it to be at his place.. I know what thought would be in his brain does that mean he doesnt respect me and want to sleep with me be4 knowing me??? I really like this guy and we have known each other for one year but never went out togather?? I wonder wht does this mean?????????I NEED ADVISE

I always had a rule that if a guy wanted to go out with me, that he actually had to TAKE me out. This come to my place business is nothing more than an attempt to get you in his comfort zone so he can get what he wants. Not a good way to start anything off. Just tell him, I'd love to go out with you sometime but I'm just not comfortable with the whole your place or mine thing yet. Let's get to know each other first.

At this point, YOU set the precidence for how this relationship will go - whether you become datable or just a booty call. Respond accordingly.

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I'd say it meant he was a cheap bastard who is also lazy and willing to take advantage of you. If he's making you cok at his house!

Also I'd be inclined to say he doesn't really like you he just wants to get his end away

- Response by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Run! Run fast, run far! If this is the beginning of a relationship it will only go downhill from there.

- Response by blackkat, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

It's one thing if he asked you over and said he would cook for you. I have actually been on a couple of dates like that and thought it was a sweet gesture...in fact, one of the guys was so cute telling me how he called his mom 10 times during the day worrying if he was doing everything right.

But for him to invite you over to cook FOR HIM??? That is a big no no....sounds like he wants a waitress or a maid instead of a date.

Just because you go to a man's apartment doesn't mean you have to sleep with him or he expects you to sleep with him.

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?