Why does a man give his phone number instead of asking for yours?
Dating / 10:48 AM - Sunday March 29, 2009

why does a man give his phone number instead of asking for yours?

what is a guy after if he offers his phone number to a girl he meets on a night out and had spent the whole evening with, but he doesn't ask for hers?

he didn't want the rejection. this way, if she calls, he KNOWS she's into him. he's obviously into her.

he gaver you the wrong number

- Response by chkdsskt, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Administrative

He wouldn't be receiving a phone call from me. That's not how it works with me..but to each their own.

- Response by bikerchick1, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Atlanta, Financial / Banking

That he has gotten girls numbers before that were fake, so now he gives out his, that way if you are interested you will call him. It also takes the pressure off of both of you, if you are not interested you don't have to give a fake number or say I would rather not, you just don't call him, and he doesn't get turned down and fell awkward in front of you.

- Response by screambeams, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Honestly, I can't necessarily believe he's not into you for doing this. Maybe, some guys, because they want to put the ball in your court and not have to do anything. But, some I think simply are making and effort to show their interested. By giving you their number and not asking for yours, it keeps them from having to be outright rejected or feeling like and idiot. If the woman calls, they know they're interested and eventually they will give them their number or see it on the caller I.D. But, if they are not, they simply will not get called back and they move on. IMO

because you can get arrested for calling a woman

- Response by vank356, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Technical

I know from my nephews is that they want you to feel safe in your choice, even vampires need to be invited. Now a days it's for safety.

- Response by amangel, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I give MY number out, too... then, SHE can call me...
If she don't hear from me, apparently SHE'S not trying.

I have an answering machine... If she leaves a message,
I'll call back if her call comes while I'm out & about.

For me, I want to give a man my number. I'm pretty traditional. I think it might be one of 2 things. Either he doesn't want to risk the rejection of calling you, and you turning him down, or he just wants to put in your ballpark.

Either way, if a man is interested in me, either ask for my number, or give me yours and allow me to provide mine in return.

I want a man who is assertive, self-assured enough, interested enough, to call me.

- Response by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Administrative

Um, maybe she'll give him HER number, too?