How do I make my man pay attention to our relationship and show he cares about me again?
Dating / 4:26 PM - Saturday March 21, 2009

Me and him have been dating for about 8 months now and lately I feel like I am the only one who is in this relationship. It's like he doesn't work for it anymore even though he says he still loves me. I just want tips on how to make him show that he is stressing me out and that I really want him to prove to me that he wants to be with me.

omg i kno its so stupid its like if you really love me then prove it to me so i dont feel like im the only one in this relationship

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Student

tell him how you are really feeling then you might be able to find out coz if he really does love you he'll try to do things for you to reasure you he does

- Response by musical85, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Student

ahhh...I was there once.

Seriously, this is about you. If he's with you, and he's faithful, and he tells you often that he loves you, chances are-he does. Guys don't have the need to talk about "feelings" and everything the way that we do. My best advice to you-is to back off. Try to just enjoy being with him. Let some of the little stuff go. If you aren't nagging at him to show you how he feels, he will probably be more apt to do so because he sees the girl he fell in love with again-and not the girl who's nagging at him all the time. If you really need to have that talk, do it ONCE, and then let it go and give him a chance.

- Response by ac8604, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, New York, Student

He doesn't have to prove anything to you. His actions or lack of should be enough to tell you where your relationship stands. Talk to him and tell him how you feel, but don't ask him to "prove" he loves you.

first of all, you really can't "make" a person show you things, feelings, etc. - it's impossible. however, chances are that one of the reasons he has stopped showing you affection, is because he no longer feels he has too. he already has you for his girlfriend, you've been in the same relationship for 8 months, so he feels that there is no need to continue the same path as it took to first win you over. if he is stressing you out, you need to tell him. he is not a mind reader and you need to learn to be open with your feelings, so he can learn to trust you with his. if you are feelint like you are the only one in the relationship, chances are that you are the one calling all the shots, the girl that is always in control of the situation, independant, ect. and putting it bluntly, he really has nothing left to do, because you have already done it for him. hope that helps.

- Response by 2xfireproof, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Administrative

change your routine, make him wonder again. If you see each other every saturday night, then call him telling him your going out with your friends. Go to new places with him.

- Response by scandia, A Thinker, Female, 36-45