Why do the people closest to you and who you love the most; seem to hurt you the most?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:12 PM - Wednesday March 18, 2009

why is that?

- Asked by A Married Girl, Female, 26-28

If you didn't love them and weren't close to them, then they wouldn't have the ability to hurt you so badly. You just wouldn't care.

- Response by abbybelle, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

because they have become so familiar with me and no my way of reacting that they know no matter how much they hurt me I will forgive them......and still love them..

- Response by charlestonwoman, An Engaged Girl, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

I think it may be partially because we are more sensitive to what they do and say.

We generally don't care what strangers say to us or what they do, but we care very much about what those we love say and do.

So therefore, a stranger and a loved one could say/do the exact same thing, and it would influence us differently depending on who said/did it.

- Response by infantrygirl, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

because you are more attached to those people. SO when they do something wrong it hurts you more compared to people you are not as close to.

- Response by luvsdjhtm, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Seattle, Who Cares?

OOoH 10 unrated responses? I dont think that its those specifically that hurt us. Its just that what they do and say affects us the most.

- Response by alicjohns9, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Financial / Banking

Because we expect too much from them and when they don'y give what we expect we are hurt.

BECAUSE THEY KNOW NO MATTER WHAT YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THERE!!!

- Response by busdriver09, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Houston, Transportation