Why doesn't my husband take me out anywhere or social events especially out in public?
Married Life / 2:32 PM - Wednesday March 18, 2009

My husband always has days out with friends and family. Even if its for a couple of hours that he goes out for drinks to a club or bar with friends and or alone to get "his space". However, he never takes me out to parties, family reunions, weddings and or any social public events. As if he is ashamed of me or doesn't want anyone to see him with me. I feel that he's hidding some thing or he is actually ashamed of me.

Tell him that he is giving himself too much "his space" and not enough "our space out of the house". It sounds like he is hiding something because his reason is no good. Stand up for yourself and tell him that you start going to some events with him or he can go by himself as a single man and pack your stuff and get out. If he doesn't care about your emotional needs than you can find someone better for you. Don't let him drag you down.

- Response by lovely315, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Cleveland, Student

That is very strange, especially the family part. If you are married you are part of the family. Is it you he is ashamed of , or them?
What does he say about not taking you out, space is not a good enough reason. Either he is hiding a dirty secret or he doesn't care about you the way he should:(

- Response by justapuss, Female, 46-55, Athens, Self-Employed

I'll take you out. You aren't ugly or fat are you?

- Response by jonesy2u2, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35

I wonder if you guys argue over anything and everything when you're out togeather, like allot of married couples. My ex and I did. It made going out with her a job!!I would like it better without her. It wasn't like that the first 5 years.

- Response by weehead, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

Communication is the key. Try talking to him about it.

- Response by nytewulf, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Depends... DO you argue or put him down when you go places? If not... do you keep up with your looks? Not that you have to be perfect but do you take good care of youself?

If these are not the issue, have you looked into the possiblility of him cheating or looking to cheat? perhaps he's taking someone else to those events or he doesn't like being married and wants to continue living the "single life". You have to talk to him and find out why he isn't doing these things. Be prepared to hear the worst and if you don't... then great!

- Response by joent612, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

well either he is afraid you will reveal something about him that he has been doing that he does not want known, or he wants you isolated so you are controllable, or he has a mistress and he does not want any of his friends to say "I though your wife was (insert some other hair color than yours here) and taller.

- Response by hoopsjunkie, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Indianapolis, Self-Employed

I'm a guy so first forgive me but let me be blunt, have you let yourself go physically?? Did you have a couple kids and just haven't bounced back yet from the pregnancy?? This is very important to know and be honest. Stand in front of a mirror and have a good look. Are you still having sex? Do you work?? Because I cheated on my first wife, looking back I lost interest and didn't want to be in the same zip code as her much less in public places with friends. If you need a second opinion send me a pix...

- Response by ringoalarm02, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Technical

I think you should confront him,on this matter.
Your married for Christ sake!You are supposed to be part of the family.
If he doesnt change,then Maybe you should change husbands,for one that appreciates you.
Some men,are real ASSHOLES!!!!

- Response by baseball751, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65

That's how a married man treats his mistress, not his wife.

Why are you still in the marriage when he treats you worse than dirt?