Why do women scream, do they even know why?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:17 PM - Wednesday March 18, 2009

Why do women scream, is it a sudden reflex, an attention getter, an emotional reponseto something traumatic, or being scared of something there not use to, does,nt it get annoying sometimes when women start screaming sometimes for no reason?

- Asked by steady4rhyne, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

Because they can.

Men can't - At least I can't - I couldn't scream to save my life?

I only scream when the opossums living in the tree outside my window come after me.

Does that make me a girly wimp?

- Response by jenjenmcmorris, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

What kind of women do you associate with, that they scream all the time?

That would annoy me, too!!

- Response by saucywench, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Other Profession

to get attention

- Response by vank356, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Technical

I scream as a reflex. Car alarms are annoying, babies crying are annoying, but when a grown woman loses control and is so emotionally disturbed by something that she has to scream, it's not annoying- it means you should HELP her.

There are three ways to get people to do things. The first is positive reinforcement (you get something good for doing X), the next is punishment (you get something bad if you don't do X), and the last is negative reinforcement. That last one is what screaming is all about. If women see a bug or get hurt or something bad happens to them, they scream until someone comes and fixes their problem (essentially, performs action X) and the women stop screaming (removing something bad).

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Teaching

Why do SOME women scream for no apparent reason? Maybe these particular women have bipolar disorder, have emotional problems, or are pissed.

- Response by anonymouspersona, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Miami, Student

What would you have us do when someone tries to attack us or when a creepy-looking bug jumps out and startles us? Sing a song? Clap our hands? Do a little jig?

You know women who scream for NO reason?

I've never encountered that. The WOMEN I've met who have screamed did so because they were being attacked and needed help.

On the other hand, I've met a lot of little girls who scream.
It just seems to be part of their nature.
Little girls scream and squeal whether they are happy or scared.
If you've been a little girl or the parent of a little girl, you can tell the difference between scared screams and happy/excited screams.

I think it has to do with being smaller and physically weaker.
It's a natural-born instinct. A girl screams, and everyone comes running to help her.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I remember my grandma she still screams about the rats attacked her a decade ago,when she remembers it,She just scream and we follow her scream too..
Actually woman screams becauase they just want to let go the stress,trauma,anger,lon eliness,excitement,all this may be the reason why woman screams.(Men screams too,same reasons )
But men stronger on keeping and dealing of the above mentioned.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Interesting...

My girlfriend screams all the time, but I don't have time to cradle her.

I own a business and she is an out of work school teacher. I can't be cradling her all the time...

She doesn't seem to understand that.

Think that it is because it's things she's not used to... I think she can't really "see" yet because she grew up in a household where she was reclusive for 21 years and she is only 23.

She gets paranoid...

She can't stay alone...

If I'm not jealous she thinks that I don't love her!!!

What the hell do I do?

Etc, Etc, Etc...

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 29-35

Sounds like a talk about my wife. She screams and yells as a natural response to a question, inquiry, or anything. When asked not to scream she screams she is not screaming.
Sorry no answer to why because i don't know why. Obviously my wife doesn't know why as she screams she is not scramming.

Although i do not wish to say it but I can't not to help to think this: if one cant not control his/her emotion in a normal everyday life situation, how can one call himself/herself a grown up adult with rights and all others stuff who commend any kind of respect?

Yes, I am seriously considering a divorce.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45