What does a guy mean when he says"we'll get together soon"? Context:We had sex and he's been dodgy.
Dating / 5:18 PM - Tuesday March 17, 2009

I hooked up with a guy I had known for awhile but not real well. We have gone out a few times. We had sex and he left really fast and hasn't been calling or texting since. I asked him today if he would like ot go get a drink and he says he can't because he has his son but we'll get together soon. Seems vague and avoiding to me! We are in our early 30's.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Science / Engineering

That is loser pig latin for -If I ever get really drunk and no other woman is around, and I can still see the numbers on my cell phone, I will call you.

- Response by aoluserchick, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Consulting

I think it means he's trying to let you down easy. I'd be grateful....plenty of fish in the sea :)

- Response by baybreeze69, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

It means 'thanks for the sex but you'll never be seeing my face ever, again'.

Move on. He is not interested.

sounds like he's either the run-by sex offender or (how do i put this delicately), the sex was lousy. so, you'll probably never hear from him again, either way. no need to pressure him.

He left really fast.....that should be your clue. It was just a one nighter...and even then the bang and run for the door typically means that they weren't interested in seconds for some reason. And given those two pieces of info you should know he isn't interested in a repeat performance or anything even remotely close.

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

He got what he wanted and vamoosed. Until he wants some more.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

Sorry to say, you were a booty call. He'll call again when he wants some and if he does, hang up on his ass!

- Response by dolphingirl44, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Veterinary

Sounds like "He's just not that into you." He got what he wanted and now he's off to find it somewhere else. Give it up -he's showed he's not interested. Move on - you can't force feelings.

- Response by gowith, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

It sound like he's not interested. He got what he wanted from you and now is moving onn to someone else.