MY BOYFRIEND HAS THIS FRIEND WHO ALWAYS WALKS IN OUR HOUSE WITHOUT KNOCKING HOW RUDE CAN YOU BE
Married Life / 11:17 AM - Tuesday March 17, 2009

I have asked him nicely to please knock before coming in our house and he just keeps walking right on in how rude so just this morning I am sitting on the couch and in he walks swings the door open my boyfriend was sleeping so I yelled at him I am sick of this crap I told him to knock on my door don't just walk in now I look like a bitch oh well

- Asked by smom, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

It's your house, your rules. Lock the door. I don't think you look like a bitch, I think you look like someone who has spoken up for what she wants in her own house. That is your right and your obligation. If your boyfriend won't put a stop to it you have no choice but to do it yourself. There are some friends whose houses I just walk into and some who walk into mine but we all agree on that. Additionally we all call before we go and walk in so we're all expected. You don't have to put up with anyone walking into your house. And your boyfriend's friend needs to learn a few manners. Maybe you yelling at him will put a stop to it but if not, just lock the door,

- Response by tootcat, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Retired

Why don't you lock the door so he can't just walk right in? Then he would have to knock!

- Response by lovely315, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Cleveland, Student

Honestly, you have handled it better than I would have. I guess I have a temper about things when they concern respect and consideration for me, my family, property, etc. That is your PERSONAL space, not his. I don't think people should be rude enough to ignore their manners and walk in the first time...let alone over and over again after being asked/told not to. I don't see you as being a bitch. I see you as standing up for yourself and your home. If he gets mad...oh well. Maybe he will learn a lesson from it. Sometimes it takes being a bitch to get someone to listen and those are the kind people I don't care if I piss off or not. Good for you!

- Response by sassyredhead, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Managerial

your house, your rules.

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Start locking the door so that the mo-fo has to knock!

Unless he has a key...LOL

Then you can just start bitch-slapping him everytime he does it so he gets the hint (at least until you get the locks changed)

Smiles

- Response by jenjenmcmorris, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

Ah, don't you guys leave the door locked??? Lock it so he just doesn't walk in

Simple solution: just lock the door so he HAS to knock.

See? Told you it was easy!

- Response by saucywench, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Other Profession

I suppose you could always lock your door.

Just a suggestion.

xx

- Response by teedeeree, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

The only way we could break my father in law of this was to lock the doors.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

No, I don't think you look like a witch... I would just make sure the door was always locked. Then, he has to knock.

- Response by pinkpoppy, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

Well duh? Lock the freakin door!

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

you're not a bitch, he's the a**hole! You were patient as it is - At the second offense I would have grabbed him by the collar and physically removed him from my house and if he resisted he gets a kick in the nuts. maybe that would get the message across. it is YOUR house and you have to start owning that space. if you don't want to lock the door you don't have to. it doesn't mean anyone can walk into the house as they please.

- Response by SassyMonique, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Nothing bitchy about what you did. He has no right walking into your home without knocking, it is your house. You have every right to insist that he knock. I would have let him know that if he does not start knocking, he is not welcome in your home. So you are much nicer than I would have been.
Good for you. It is your house, and you have a right to feel comfortable in your own home, and someone walking in without knocking is not only rude, it would make me ill at ease in my own home.

- Response by wolverinesegg, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

My guy has friends like this too and I've allowed them to just walk in a couple of times and then mentioned that I didn't like them just walking in to my guy and about a week later, they were knocking and then walking in...I don't know what my guy said to them but it probably wasn't made into a big deal because they still treat me the way they always have and nothing has changed, except that they now knock first...:D

Keep the door locked. It's your house and if you want to bitch about that, it's your right. He is an ass for thinking he can just walk in like that.

- Response by cdmom1971, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Administrative

KEEP THE DOORS LOCKED SO THE BOSO WILL HAVE TO KNOCK OR RING DOOR BELL

- Response by swabjockey52, A Couch Potato, Male, 56-65, Technical

Honestly, i'd take it one step further and ask him to call first. No one should feel forced to entertain someone if they are busy or simply don't want to.
If he doesn't call first, i'd lock the door and refuse to answer it.

Keep the doors locked. I keep mine locked day and night, it just makes good sense to me as I don't like uninvited compamy!

- Response by lacey07, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

apparently the bf has given him to walk in anytime.
you can call the police and have him for bugulary/breaking and entering.
talk to the bf and see if he gave the guy permission to come in without knocking and settle this with him.
I would have done the same if it had been me.

No, you are not a bitch. You told him how many times and he didn't honor YOUR rule for YOUR house. I am sure that he would not appreciate it if you started to do the same thing. From now on, I'd keep the door locked even when you are home to get your point across.

Can't you lock the door??? I do. No one comes in my door unless I know they are doing so.

yeah.. i would have lost it my self!....
What's his deal!?

- Response by southbaygirl23, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles

What's his deal!?

Well here is an off the wall idea. How about if you lock the door?

- Response by daytimer, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Philadelphia, Other Profession