Males Urinating Sitting Down
Sex & Intimacy / 4:56 PM - Thursday March 12, 2009

Males Urinating Sitting Down

I think my man pees sitting down. He never leaves the seat up. And never pees on the floor or toilet seat.

Sorry to post anon, but I'm so embarrassed I don't want anyone to know who I am.

So is this a deal breaker? Should I end the relationship? How can I find out for sure?

Please don't say anything rude. I'm already so upset I don't know what to think or do.

Thank you for the responses. Yes, it was just a fun post to shake up the boring board yesterday. Sure never expected to receive 31 answers! I'm surprised it didn't make the Hot 10. Oh, well. Have a fun weekend, kiddos!

what is wrong with that? there have been times i sat and did number 1 (i thought i needed to do #2, but only farted).

besides, isn't that what ALL women want? a man that is considerate enough to leave the seat down? wow, can't please woman NONE of the time!

why would that be a deal breaker? maybe hes too lazy to stand lol. let him pee the way he wants.

- Response by khali4575, A Player, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

:) LOL~! hon, are you for REAL? if this is a joke post, it's pretty funny....

...if you're serious, then, no you silly-headed woman, men peeing sitting down is NOT a frikkin' "deal breaker". It's the best thing since sliced bread.

I luv my man-pee-sitter!

- Response by cardinalis, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You're kidding, right?

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Las Vegas, Celebrity

Have you seen him urinating sitting down? How do you know? Maybe he's respecting the "rule" about leaving the toilet seat down. I always do when there's a lady in the place. If I miss for whatever reason, I clean it up, that's all. Just because the evidence that he's used it isn't there doesn't mean he's emasculating himself by sitting on the toilet. You might be reading way too much into it.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

LOL, kudos to you- this is cute ;)

- Response by wildbelle, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Pittsburgh, Food Service

I think id be more concerned if he was shitting standing up! With the lid down! lol!

- Response by louisiana70, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Consulting

Are you serious? DO YOU WANT HIM TO PISS ON THE FLOOR AND THE SEAT? Thats insane to even thing of sit down as a deal breaker. Many guys do it. as we age, sometimes its easier, due to prostate issues, tO just sit down and let it happen. It doesn't mean you have to turn in your "man card." ~Geeze

OMG!!!!! Why would something like this upset you???? If he does it is for your benefit more than his. A lot of men sit so as not to make a mess.What is wrong with a man sitting to pee???????????If that's a deal breaker for you, I feel sorry for you.

Maybe he is just courteous. I pee standing up, and I like to think my aim is pretty good. After I finish, I will put the seat back down. Last thing I want i for her to wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom half awake, and sit on the cold porcelain then hear her splash and start yelling at me. See? just common change, dollars and cents <-- (stole that saying there), and courteousness. :)

- Response by ferree, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Other Profession

Why would this be a dealbreaker? It may just be that he wants to be sure he doesn't make a mess around the toilet. (Guys tend to spray around a bit.) I can't think of any physiological reason why a man would prefer sitting, unless he is also anticipating having a bowel movement. Maybe you should just ask him.

I think this belongs under the Jokes catagory. Thanks for the laugh though.

- Response by chal08, A Rebel, Male, 29-35

I saw a program on TV once in which there were slow motion videos of what happens when a guy pisses while standing. An ultra-fine mist of piss rises from the surface of the toilet water, and settles all over the seat (if not raised) and out of the bowl and settles all over the floor around the toilet. So if your toilet is close to your vanity, a mist of piss may settle on what ever you have on the vanity, like your toothbrush, etc.
Another thing.. sometimes when a guy pees the stream does not come straight out, it will go to the side and miss the bowl entirely, even though he is aiming at it.

OMG. You have won the jackpot in men. I'm going to require that the man I marry urinate sitting down. He will not be allowed to urinate standing up, because it is so unsanitary. Maybe I should put it in my prenup. lol.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Houston

Coming from a male, you should feel fortuate he does it. I often do the same. Nothing wrong at all with it. Helps keeps the bathroom clean and eliminate those late night fall in the bowl because it forgot to put the seat down.

- Response by greg6969, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Providence, Consulting

first of all... you haven't seen him peeing sitting down yet...
second of all... who cares.

some men, especially if they grew up with a lot of women in the house, always put the seat back down.

if this is that much of a deal breaker for you, maybe you need to search within yourself and see why this bothers you so much.

do you feel like this makes him less of a man? is he really feminine? is he not muscular at all? are you not that attracted to him in the first place? maybe there are other reasons this bothers you....?

- Response by g1rl90, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me because I would realize that we are all unique and we all do things differently and maybe he finds it easier for him to sit down than to stand and try to ensure that he is hitting the bowl...it wouldn't make me end the relationship and I would actually be happy that I didn't have to scrub the toilet as often...:D

I once got ejected from the local pool for peeing in it. I said it wasn't fair as everybody pees in the pool. The lifeguard said,.............."But not from the high diving board."

- Response by knottaklew, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

What, end the relationship? Because you never get to wipe up pee? Its not that uncommon actually, I know several men who pee sitting down, because thats just more comfortable when they are indoors. Including my bf, and I can't say that I care, one way or the other.

- Response by klaxometro, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

My hubby pees sitting and standing...I dont have a problem with it. If thats the worst thing hes doing in your mind, count yourself lucky!!

- Response by ajeepgirl67, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

naw not really. I've dated a guy who did this. but u know he may not pee sitting down he may just be aware that uare going to come behind him so he puts the seat down or he shots with the seat down. I wouldn't fret it.

DID you ask him???? You said YOU THINK.....I dont understand why this upsets you??? Explain why this is an issue, then maybe I can give better advice.

- Response by bikermommy, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I would think not. That would be a silly reason to end the relationship. IT almost sounds as if you are looking for a reason to end it sweetie.

Here are at least 3 things I would think about.
1. where was his dad when he was younger? Maybe all he had was his mother and he was taught to pee by example from her.
2. Maybe he sprays. He doesn't want to make a mess so he sits.
3. Maybe he is just thinking of others and is using manners by putting the seat back in the position he found it.
:P

- Response by happy1981, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

You want to break up with him because he pees sitting down?! Seriously! Give me a break!!!!

- Response by veesix, A Player, Male, 36-45

I've had a couple of boyfriends that did this. My current husband could never do that. He would dangle in the water!

- Response by blondie1955, Female, 56-65, Administrative

what if he stands and sprays it on all the walls. my sisters boyfriends kids do it all the time. some how i'd think it's be better if the sit and tucked it...

- Response by motherof12006, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

I have a male Chihuahua, that cocks his leg up when he urinate sometimes, then again he pees with all fours on the ground...Men & dogs have a lot in common...IJS

- Response by billpayer, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Oh. My. Gah.

I can't even formulate a complete thought right now after reading this.

- Response by jenjenmcmorris, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

Don't feel bad, I once dated a girl who could pee standing up. She was pretty good to, lol. Which reminds me, how do you women hold all that pee so long? She peed forever.

- Response by rjack90, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Science / Engineering