Got a relaxer yesterday. now I have really bad chemical burn. Should i be worried?
Diet & Health / 10:41 PM - Wednesday March 11, 2009

I've had chemical burn before but I never had one that oozes (yuck!!) well it was kinda 'wet' yesterday so i said it was oozing. and some of my hair was stuck together this morning cuz of the ooze. I put some sulfur 8 on the it this morning.

so I went to see the lady who does my hair today. She says it will be fine. It has dried out and is healing nicely :D. She said it's nothing to worry about and that I should just let it heal and not pick at it.

- Asked by poeticlove08, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

I would go back to the salon and have them refund your money. I would also treat the wound. Clean it out with antibacterial soap and put some aloe on it to heal the burn.

- Response by almostsinful, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

naw once it gets a scab on it it will be ok. just don't pick at it.

The main concern with a chemical burn is possible hair loss by the time it completely heals.

You must decide how bad this is. If it is just dry and sore, time will probably heal it.

With the symptoms of oozing, THAT could get infected, and taking antibiotics might be the only smart thing to do.

I think I would see my family doctor with this. Meantime, rinsing with clear water that has no temperature to it, cannot hurt at all.

Your hair will need condition packs on it (OFTEN), once you stop the moist oozing and the skin is no longer broken.

You need to be concerned because if it doesn't heal itself, it can scar and/or take out the hair where the blisters are. If the scaring is severe enough, it could prohibit the lost hair from growing back again. Not to mention, an infection can get worse. This could mean much more pain, discomfort and feeling pretty lousy for a long time. :(

sounds bad wash it well with baking soda and water and use a good antibotic after words see a dr if it dosnt heal be sure to use enough baking soda in the water like a full teaspoon or more in a large glass of water and a tripple a antibotic to stop any infection

- Response by dmncowboy, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, Retired

That's not supposed to happen (ouch!) Maybe you left it in toooo long. Dont put nothing on it that's going to irritate it. Let it dry out.

- Response by anjeweleyez01, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Philadelphia, Who Cares?