Why do married men cheat and lie??
Sex & Intimacy / 4:19 PM - Wednesday March 11, 2009

why do married men cheat and lie??

I was involved with a married man for 8 months. He pursued me for months before I agreed to go to lunch with him. After that day we were together everyday and night. Sometimes 2-3 times a day. We worked across the street from each other.He told me he was unhappy and was going to leave. We both have children and did things together with them. After a while I started to question him. He showed me seperation papers and was waiting for her to sign them. Then he comes to me and says she may have cancer. Said he still wanted to be with me but his plan would have to wait. A light bulb goes off and I start questioning him and he just lied to my face. I couldnt take it anymore. I emailed the wife. She had no clue. There was no papers or cancer. When on the phone with her and him screaming in the back round he still was denying it. She told him I knew to much about him. She said his whole life was going to change. Why would someone lie to such extremes?

- Asked by tab208, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, New York, Food Service

I REALLY try to be nice to people but....

"We both have children and did things together with them."

That is FUCKED UP BEYOND BELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got your children involved in your affair?????? That is DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! Neither one of you deserve to be parents.

He was FUCKING YOU while he was MARRIED! He IS a liar. Did you think you were freakin special and he wouldn't lie to YOU? You were a piece of ass.

Why would you call his Wife. You knew he was married. What about "the code". That was just plain mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Response by handsomedetroitguy, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Political / Government

He wanted your relationship to continue but did not want the wife to know. I dated a man that was married for awhile until he told me the same story. Supposedly his wife was stricken with cancer and he couldn't leave yet. I never believed it and that was the end. Men on the whole do not leave their wives. I learned to never do that again.

havent u watched opera? they never leave their wives!! you were just a booty call

Now I need to ask have you learned a lesson from this???

Your first mistake...messing with a married man...your second...emailing his wife...

Someone would lie....because he...that man...not all men...THAT man is a lying piece of poop dog..and you fell into his game...he USED you. He is not going to leave his wife...obviously. That sucks...good luck.

- Response by divatoonami, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Because he thought he could get away with it. Take this as a lesson learned if he'd lie and cheat on his wife why wouldn't he lie to you? Don't ask why, just let it go and move on.

- Response by destinyseeker, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Teaching

They lie because they think we are too stupid to check out anything....wrong...you got him very easily. Good for you!

- Response by lacey07, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Ha ha. You get what you deserve. Maybe next time you'll remember not to have sex with married men.

I am separated from my husband and have been for a year. I have my own apartment (for a year now) and I also have a boyfriend. I AM actually going through a divorse and want nothing to do with my ex husband. Although I have had my bf for 7 months now, he has yet to meet my kids and won't until the divorse is final. I have not met his either, even though he is divorsed. It's just not right. I know I am being harsh but come on! Babe, you have to get some tough skin. You can not allow yourself to ever get into a situation with a married man unless you have valid proof of him having his own address and you are able to be there and spend the night! People who want a 2nd partner will tell any lie (and back it up) to get the person they want. Don't be fooled twice!

Why do married women cheat and lie?? It's not just men! YOU cheated by being with a married man!

I can not believe you would involve your children while he was still married. Did he bring you to HIS house? NO! Flag #1, there needn't be another flag after that one. If he were separated he would have his own place and you would have been spending the night.

Why would you call his wife! That's insane! YOU were just as guilty as he but for some reason you felt that you had the right to seek vengence. What if his wife found out about the affair and called your job and got you fired?? Of course THAT would be sooo unfair but you did it to him! A marriage is between 2 people and the 3rd wheel does not hold all the cards nor do they have a right to come in and do whatever they want. Nor do they have a right to feel hurt... you signed up for it!

- Response by joent612, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

No, the real question is why do women let themselves get led down this path??!!?? I read them on here daily; "I'm seeing a married man, do you think he'll leave his wife for me? He says he will, and he really doesn't love her anymore. blah, blah, blah! I want to scream every time I read a question on here dealing with this topic...and, it's always women. I never see a question by a man asking if the married woman he's seeing will eventually leave her husband. I'm not saying men don't sleep with married women. They just don't seem to buy the lie that she's going to leave her husband for him. Heck, there probably is no lie, because what man would want to marry a woman who was cheating on her husband to sleep with him? Not too many. No, a man would want to leave it just as it is...an easy lay with NO strings attached. But, I don't feel sorry for you. You got what you deserve! How dare you go out with a married man!! Are there no 'codes' that are sacred anymore?

- Response by stringjammer, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Chicago, Self-Employed

Because women like you allow it!

why would a married man lie to his mistress whore? Why do you thinK?
For you to call his home and talk to his wife when he tried to stop his relationshop with you was a horrible thing for you to do!
You sound like a psyco nutcase.

- Response by cathymd50, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Administrative

Men cheat to get pussy.. duh.. They lie about it so their SO won't kill them.. double duh..

I was stricken with cancer of the bladder twice. A few months after my check up the second time, I was served with divorce papers and my life has never been the same. I wonder if that was your sister. Same alley cat, same morals. OF COURSE HE LIED....to both of you. That's what scumbags do.

ok first off, women lie to, just as much if not more

but did you really expect him to go through with it?

- Response by rnkatie, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

well two to tango but the guy has a issue he is insecure as well as the young lady Run Run ignore the jerk.... Dont waste another min .

- Response by char1972, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

married men cheat and lie, because they find someone to cheat with...and to lie to....It takes two!!

- Response by Posty14, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

Considering that he was telling you that he was going to leave his wife for you and then not telling his wife that he was 'cheating' on her, he had to find a way to make it seem like there were too many 'issues' for him to be able to leave her and still be able to keep you as his affair...he was trying to play both of you and thought that if neither of you knew about the other, then he wouldn't have any problems continuing to see both of you...he probably thought that he had a great set-up and didn't know what he wanted so instead of choosing one or the other, he decided to try to 'keep' both of you...:D

IF A MARRIED MAN CAME UP TO YOU AND SAID THT HE WANTED YOU TO BE HIS BOOTY CALL WOULD YOU ACCEPT.
HE ONLY TOLD YOU ALL THESE LIES SO YOU WOULDD WILLINGLY SLEEP WITH YOU THAT IS WHY THEY LIE.

- Response by i124q, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

Dang! Myndseye stole my answer again!!