I have a crush on my co-worker but want to know if he's into me as well...
Dating / 9:55 PM - Tuesday March 10, 2009

This guy is about 7 years older than me and has made it clear (subtlely) that he is single. I always catch him staring at me or checking me out when I walked by. We joke and tease each other a lot (even thru emails). Whenever I have expressed frustration with anything (the printer, a spreadsheet, my monitor...LOL) he comes rushing to my rescue and can be VERY sweet. But then, it's right back to the teasing. It's like the guy that liked you in elementary school but was too embarassed to tell you so he taunted you instead. He's asked me to join "group" lunches with him but never alone with him. The other day he pulled a sticker off of the tangerine he was eating and stuck it on my filing cabinet...It said "Sweet Cutie" or something silly like that. A few weeks ago he expressed disappointment for me not attending an afterwork function with a couple of co-workers. Are these signs that he is interested or am I reading too much into his behavior? I am attracted to him and even though we work in totally different departments, I don't want to make a move and make a fool out of myself. Any advice as to how to get the answers that I need?? Thanks!

- Asked by A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Political / Government

It doesn't sound like you are reading to much into his actions.

If you are concerned about making a fool out of yourself, in one of your teasing emails say "We should go out sometime"..If he doesn't respond in the desired way, write back and say: "Outside that is...I need some fresh air"...Just something to cover up the humiliation...But for some reason I don't think you will have to "suffer" that. :)

- Response by lovelylife, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

he definately sounds interested. i say go for it, you have nothing to lose. Men like when a woman takes the initiative to go after what she wants. Let him know that you are interested or next time he asks you to a group lunch, say, "I was thinking more about having lunch with just you" and see what he says, I'm sure he will jump at the chance to spend some alone time with you.

- Response by chippie147, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Yes, he's definately interested! Why haven't you accepted invites to join the group lunches? Are you going to make him go so far as asking you for a private lunch right off the bat and force him to risk making a fool of himself? Come on now, small steps here, don't force him to expose himself too much either, huh, do a group lunch first. I bet that will progress into something more private soon.

- Response by twotwenty, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

I think he has something on you.. and has something on him as well.. but for me , just be patience .. if he really like you he will make any moves for it.. maybe he still waiting for the right time. :> goodluck and enjoy the feelings.

- Response by nitasolima, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

For the love of god, what are you waiting for? He's totally crushing on you.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Washington, DC, Self-Employed

I suspect that this is merely playful bantering. I think that if he truly were interested in dating, he would have asked you by now. It sounds like typical guy-type locker room fun. I wouldn't ruin the friendship that it is by pushing the envelope.

- Response by snehnesne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental