Does your wife act like she hates you too?
Married Life / 11:34 PM - Monday March 09, 2009

She is never happy with anything that I do. It is never good enough; especially if it is not done her way. She acts as if I am her subordinate not her husband. Does this happen in your marriage too? Anyone else ever consider dusting off the old smith and wesson?

- Asked by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Consulting

You just perfectly described my ex...notice I said ex!!

- Response by mrwondering11, A Creative, Male, Who Cares?, Portland, Managerial

My ex went through that and it is one reason that I left her. I got tired of the constant badgering and insults and put-downs and accusations. However, I preferred my Ithaca pump 12-gauge, lol.

Im willing to bet she doesnt hate you at all. Women have a type of preconception of what married life is suppossed to look like and sometimes its hard for us to be happy when we feel we are trying harder in the relationship or not feeling loved. Do you act like you value your life together by being the man like taking care of you share of houshold chores? Do you treat he like she would want to be treated? Or do you come home and ony want to ignore her and play video games? Women tend to see that kind of behaivior as juvineille and that the man isnt acting like a man but a little boy. When we arnt feeling loved we get insecure and dont know what to do with ourselves because we dont feel valued or loved. This leads to hurt and pain men dont realize they can create. If you want to be treated like a man take the lead by creating an enviornment where you are both moving forward in your lives not just getting by. I adore my husband but am guilty of this latley to. Maybe she wants to be the best she can be and feels alone in that endevor. No one should be the subordinant both need to stop being selfish and living for the happiness of the other. ITs just really hard to do sometimes. Dont give up on her and try to make her loved and see what happens. She just might respond in a very positive way.

- Response by bigcat, A Creative, Female, 29-35, San Antonio, Celebrity

Not married, but pretty much dealt with it with my now ex. After our son was born, I got to hear all my faults, how I don't help, all my inconsistencies, etc. Nothing I ever did was good enough. I seriously think she didn't even LIKE me anymore, let alone love me. Hearing it for the last 4 years was enough. I finally had to leave.

- Response by newdad, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Las Vegas, Transportation

Been there, done that, not married to her anymore. If I can't make someone happy then I'm not hanging around... period.

- Response by bigdog52, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering

It's interesting how women are often truely hateful and men are supposed to believe that this inhumane behavior is something else that males are too simple-minded to understand. How about the more reasonable possibility that many women conceive of relationships in terms of power and are frequently hateful as a result but manage to invent remarkably ingenious reasons for it?
Ain'tgointherenomore, Male, Doctor, 50-60

- Response by 1nomore3, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65

Sorry wondering if you my hubby! hahaha! Are you acting like because your the man she is supposed to respect all your decisions even if they make her truely unhappy?