What do you do when she's not "in love" anymore?
Dating / 3:21 AM - Monday March 09, 2009

My girlfriend of over a year just broke up with me. She said i've been a great boyfriend, and done everything "right"... she just doesnt understand why she isnt into me anymore. i think she's into someone else, but she denied it for a while, then admitted to having a crush on a guy but it wasnt a "big deal." She says she still wants me in her life, and for us to be friends but i dont know if i can. i'm so in love with this girl and just dont know what to do... thoughts?

- Asked by los1431, A Life of the Party, Male, 26-28, Student

Its not me and her, it is "she and I".

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older

My man she made her bed so let her sleep in it! You were together for 1 yr and for her to just say to you I am not into you anymore and you did every thing right what a buch of crap. If you did evrything right why did she break up with you for someone else that she doesnt hardly know??? Oh yea she wants you into her life right now just in case this other guy doent work out?? My man dont be taken for granted and never be second to no-one!! Tell her that you have enough friends and Good bye you deserve better than this and so does your heart??

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

what i can tell you as that love is not a virus its a choice,you made a choice of falling in love with her and with respect of what she is doing right now you can again make a choice to fall out of love.i think her being selfish enough not telling why she doesn't love you anymore should be the reason why you should just close her chapter and file it.

- Response by magdik, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Johannesburg, Science / Engineering

woww ur still in love with her after what shes done? u can def get someone better who loves u that much back!!

if she wants to move on and not be with u anymore let her,, u move on as well but def dont stay friends cuz thats jus gonna hurt u more.. i dont understand ppl who say their feelings have changed thats BS they just dont know what they want and u dun wanna b with someone like that anyway

- Response by fa6ami, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Student

I think you need to read the writing on the wall and move on. She obviously has made her choice and told you that she wants y'all to be friends. But if you can't manage this. I would just walk away and let her go her way. It may be the best thing for all parties involved.

- Response by anotherheartbreakinthemakes, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, New Orleans, Who Cares?