Do you think people mean what they say when they are drunk???
Dating / 9:15 PM - Sunday March 08, 2009

I often say things that I wouldn't normally say if I was sober...

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

LOL...Sadly to say but YES...I believe that when they are in their own stupr and are brave enough to spweak their minds...they at times end up saying the wrong thing although they have felt/thought of it before hand....damn alcohol/LMAO

- Response by dolphace, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

Alcohol reduces inhibitions. It won't make you say something you don't really believe. It WILL allow you to speak your mind in a way that you normally wouldn't.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

Absolutely! The only thing they may not have meant is to say it!

- Response by djdk0607, A Player, Female, 46-55, Dallas

No

i know i do.

- Response by imissit, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

I mean what I say but it's not what I would normally say. I don't normally open up to people and tell them how I feel unless I am drinking...

- Response by fizzzzle, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Student

absolutely.... i was working with this girl who for having a man was acting too extra friendly..... I never said anything to her because well..... Shes grown thats her business. we all go out one night and I was drunk out my ass, she puts me on the phone with her boyfriend to say hi and guess what i say...... Your girl was acting like a hoe at the club tonight..... long story short........it ended in a fight i don't even remember and she got fired Monday morning for misconduct and hitting me on a business trip...... mind me i remember nothing...... I don't drink anymore .

- Response by preciuspearlz, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Fashion

Yep, drinking lets your guard down and you will do and say things you want but never had the guts to do.

- Response by midwest620, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Hey it is normal to think that you wouldn't normally say things like you do drunk than sober. In all honesty when you are intoxicated you seem to always let things slip out that you wouldn't normally let slip out. Sometimes this is good.. Other times it could be not so good.

- Response by xxjessxxlynnxx, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Ottawa, Who Cares?

I believe that when one is drunk, you start thinking about stuff in your life. This causes your soul to be spilled out. In my own experience, YES I believe it to be true.

- Response by vanny76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Atlanta, Home Maker

Totally!! Alcohol releases all your inhibitions, including the ones that should be kept underwraps... in fact I experienced this last night!

- Response by savvymv, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

That depends on who they are. Some people feel they have drank liquid courage and spill the beans on their inner secrets other people just talk crap!

- Response by tazblue76, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Home Maker

When I'm drunk I think of all these different and strange things to say. I usually don't say them, so I think that people have control on what they say when they are drunk.

- Response by amandaclair, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Food Service

on my part yes. Because sometimes, guys or girls get courage whrn they are intoxicated by alcohol

- Response by mystique030, A Guy Critical, Male, 18-21

Yes, 99% of the time
A drunk mind speaks a sober heart.
And they don't call alcohol "truth serum" and "liquid courage" for nothing.
Before we were together, my boyfriend would only tell me how he felt after a couple beers, and same with me.

- Response by timewilltell08, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Miami, Retail

Actually, I think it's true. There have been times when I was drunk that I said things that I wanted to say when I was sober but didn't b/c I was afraid of the reprecussions. I've always been told that alcohol shows your true colors.

- Response by poeticlove08, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

in my case...... it's liquid courage. i mean what i say, but i would not NORMALLY say some of the stuff i say. and my emotions are charged. so it's a little more dramatic, but it's rooted in truth.

- Response by piiiiink421, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

To be honest, I think that some people actually use alcohol to help them say those things they always wanted to say because it's easier to pass the 'blame' onto the alcohol than to take responsibility for it...I've had many times where what I said drunk was pretty well what I felt sober...:D

YES...they mean it. Personally...drinking makes me say things that are my private thoughts!! lol but for some reason alcohol gives me the bright idea to blurt out everything i would be to scared to say sober

- Response by flipncrazy25, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Boston, Administrative

LOL. Well personally I believe that however you act when you are drunk is your real personality. As for some of the things people say yeah I usually what they say is true. Being drunk basically makes you forget that you aren't supposed to say certain things to certain people.

- Response by jennifertank85, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Retail

i believe that its true
often ppl tell you when they like you or what they really think about you when there are drunk
thats why i like to get ppl drunk lol

- Response by sindee88, A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28, Retail

Yes. Being drunk just gives you the guts to say it. lol. Even though you wouldn't say it while your sober you were thinking it. lol

- Response by arielriv, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Seattle, Technical

NO, they may say things, but they have no idea what they are talking about. They don't even know where they are most of the time and you expect them to saying someing meaningful in this of mind??? It doesn't happen!!!!

You sure had me 'fooled', after looking at ur avatar, I wouldn't have thought your lips had ever touched strong drink...LOL

- Response by billpayer, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

God, I hope not. My dad said I was an accident!! Wahh..

I think alcohol effects everyone DIFFERENTLY. It also depends a lot on how much the person has drunk. So when dealing with drunk people... it's safer to just not take what they say seriously, because whether or not they mean it, they are not in their 100% right mind.

- Response by notsohawt, A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Toronto

Most of the time yes, like 99%.

- Response by rossen, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Financial / Banking