Has anyone tried proactive? Does it get rid of scars from acne?
Diet & Health / 10:21 PM - Friday March 06, 2009

I have mild acne. I get a blemish every once in a while but when i do there bad and they hurt. I usually end up trying every thing to get rid of the bump! Including picking at it! Not smart!!!! . . . . So i was wondering if proactive would get rid of the old scars i have wich is my main concern, Im an adorable girl but if my skin was a little clearer i would be a lot more confident in myself. You get my drift. . . Thank you for all who respond. . . If you have some thing mean to say. . . Dont bother answering cuz you will get a jerk award.

Proactive does NOT get rid of scars. I also found that proactive only works temporarily. i had severe acne and they were these big bumps (cystic acne) and they hurt like hell. don't pick at it. They will spread. i was on anti biotics and now they are gone. as for the scars a natural thing that works wonders is squeeze lemon juice in a bowl and dab cotton in it and dab it on your face. let it sit for 10 minutes and then wash with COLD water. becareful as lemon will burn and it will dry your skin so don't forget to moisturize! good luck.

- Response by gaffb, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Administrative

Proactive really helped my son to keep his acne in check. Vitamin E cream was more effective at fading his scars though. I too suffered from acne as a young woman (not in my teens though...go figure). You have my sympathies...it does pass though:)

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

No don't use proactive! Especially if you're tryna get rid of scars... When I tried proactive I broke out even worse than my original acne...it was horrible... I'm using Duac which is a prescription benzoyl peroxide cream... Works wonders! And as far as the scars, they'll take a while to fade away so just be patient!

Good luck hun!

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Student

Proactive DOESN'T get rid of SCARS. It helps to prevent acne.

To get rid of mild scarring on the face, getting a Photofacial, microdermabrasion or other dermatological procedure. These procedures are not cheap. Photofacials start around $2000.00 as it uses laser technology and are a series of treatments. Microdermabrasions are cheaper, but still in the hundreds of dollars and medical/health insurance does not cover these treatments as they are elective procedures. So, start saving.

It does not help with scars. I did not have success with it, but that does not mean it would not work for you. There are products designed just for scars. Hope that offered some insight.

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

You can't get rid of scars with any acne cream or wash, it just help prevent and get rid of existing acne.

- Response by saralabelle, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Fashion