Why does my boyfriend act differently around his guy friends?
Dating / 12:57 PM - Monday March 02, 2009

Let me start off by saying I love my boyfriend. He is honestly a sweetheart to me. I love him to death and he treats me so well.

This past weekend we hung out with some of his guy friends and he was drunk and was saying rather vulgar disgusting things. I know he wasn't being serious. And I know he was just saying it because his friends thought he was being funny but I don't know what to do about it. It kindof grossed me out. If I didn't know him and that was the first time I'd ever met him I would have never wanted to date him. But because we have been dating for a year and a half I know him on a different level.

Should I say something? And how do I say something in a way that doesnt make him get defensive?

Let him know you didn't think it was funny.
He's behaving that way out of immaturity.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

be forward to him it's the truth. you don't want it to repeat it's self . do you?it won't hurt him .it will hurt you if you don't do something about it.good luck to you!

- Response by goodgal333, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

He was drunk and with his guy friends = He gets a pass on anything vulgar or disgusting he may blurt out.

If he is a "sweetheart" to you and would not be saying those things in public or in your company, then don't lose any sleep over it. This is not a matter of you knowing the "real him" or anything like that. That part of him is as real as the one that whispers flowers and sunshine into your ear. It's not good or bad, just the way guys are. It is what it is.

- Response by funkymustafa, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Boston, Military

yeah definently say something to him... if he was REALLLY drunk he might not even remember it, some guys say things that they dont mean when they are so out of it, and especially since he was with his friends and guys usually say gross things around each other and since he was drunk he might have slipped and not known how to recover from it. Just talk to him about it, and ask hom not to do it again. but if he does it again dont break up with him because of it, because after all he is drunk and that alters the mind alot! just try as hard as you can to make him stop doing it.
good luck :)

- Response by phillymama27, An Engaged Girl, Female, 22-25, Philadelphia, Other Profession