Why hasn't he asked me out on a date yet?
Dating / 9:28 AM - Thursday February 26, 2009

why hasn't he asked me out on a date yet?

every guy knows that when a girl mentions movies she'd like to see, it means 'ask me out to the movies'! we've hung out we've talked alot he's even kissed me and we've made out a couple times!!! so why the hell wont he ask me out on a freakin date?!?!??!?

is it because he'd feel like ppl would stare because he's 24 and i'm 19?

Update: February 26, 2009.
ok my bad. in my high school, every guy knew that meant take me to the movies. and there were some serious idiots there... seriously stupid. is it not obvious that when i say "i wanna see this movie but i dont have anyone to take me..." that means he should offer? or does he think 'well i guess i'm not an option for you'? idk just sometimes he makes it seem like it would be weird for a 24 yr old guy and a 19 yr old girl. idk i'm waaaaaaay too shy i can't take the reigns! and he knows i'm shy i've told him that and that i dont make 1st moves i don't have the guts too. is he just trying to make me be less shy? and for the record, i AM NOT EASY! if i were easy i wouldn't be a virgin at 19 that has only ever made out with 2 guys. does that sound easy to anybody? does he think i'll just give up my virginity cuz he's a good kisser? he knew i was a virgin before he kissed me he knew i was shy he knew i'm not easy. what is going on with him?!?! or is it just me? maybe theres just something wrongs with me

I doubt age has anything to do with it. Some guys catch every little thing and sometiems even create something out of nothing at all- "she picked up a piece of paper, she likes me!!" and some guys need a coconut to the mellon like Gilligan. He sounds like a Gilligan. You may have to take the reigns on this one- it's ok in todays society. He may just need that little affirmation that you really do want to go on a date with him and you're not just humoring him.

- Response by brvhart001, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Nope, it's because us guys do not know that when a girl mentions movies she qwould like to see it means ask her out on a date (I learned something new). You are giving us to much credit - We do not understand women that well. The way we know you want to go on a date is for you to say hey lets go to the movies or dinner, or something of that sort. It is not an age thing, most 24 yr old guys date 19 yr olds. at least the ones I know.

Now to flip it a little, just to be open minded, it might be that he does not want to actually go out on a date.. he may just want to play.

- Response by sohodutch, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, New York, Technical

where is it written that EVERY guys knows that when a girl mentions movies she'd like to see, it means to ask her out??? i would NEVER assume that. it means she's talking about what kind of movies she LIKES.

so, if you want to go to a movie, then say, I'D LOVE IT IF YOU TOOK ME to see..... see how that is different then just saying i'd like to see such and such movie. it makes it personal and you are saying you want to go WITH HIM.

so quit getting worked up over misconceptions. and sorry about your "ppl". that stuff has got to hurt! ;-)

I never knew that when a girl talks about movies she wants to see it means "ask me out to the movies". So don't assume he would know either. If you've already kissed, then there's obviously something going on with you guys already, so you should feel okay asking him out to the movies. Sure it would be better if he made that move, but does it really matter who asked who? I mean he kissed you so he obviously sees something good in you.

Also, people don't stare at a 24 year old with a 19 year old. Strangers can't judge age that easily. He might be holding back because of the age difference, but not because people will stare. Spend some more time with him, try to get to know him better. That's the only way that you and he can find out if there's more to the relationship than kissing, and that's the only way you can find out if the age really is a big deal. Good luck.

- Response by fergie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, New York, Science / Engineering

1) he hasn't asked you out, because youv'e already made it so that he can kiss you when ever 2) not every guy knows you want to go out when you say you want to see a movie (they don't think like that) 3) ask him out what the h@&! are you waiting for. when people go on dates it's so they can get to know eachother, maybe he already feels like he knows enough

- Response by help09, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

After 160 years of "equality" feminsim why don't you ask him?

Many men are scared of "harassment" accusations these days. It takes more than hints to convince many men that you are interested.

Show some clevage and I'm sure he will.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Denver, Science / Engineering

Why are you making out with someone that your not even dating? Sounds to me like your EASy... and why should he waste his money trying to impress you when you already let him take advantage of you...

- Response by A Creative, Female, 26-28, Retail

he's can't be too interested. First of all 5 years isn't that much. Plus there's not much difference to people between a 19 and a 24 year old. They both look young.

- Response by beanielou, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

So if he hasn't asked you out yet, why are you making out with him?

Sounds a little backwards to me.