What does it mean when the guy wants you to call him?
Dating / 6:02 PM - Tuesday February 24, 2009

I know this guy is very interested in me. He worked for my mom for quite awhile. And my mom said he wanted to date me for the last 3 years. I finally met him on Saturday Night. We were both very drunk. He asked me to call him. But I made him take my number because, the old fashion that I am and from all the dating books I have read, the man is suppose to make the call. Well, we have communicated through texting and Facebook. What is up with that? My mom said he is outgoing and doesn't seem shy. But I have been told that I am intimidating too. Thinking of making a call, but I don't want to change the balance of the male and female roles.

Sooo.. we went out on Saturday Night. But he asked me through IM on Facebook. He still hasn't called me yet!! Everything is still done by Facebook or Text. But the date went very, very well. We had lots to talk about. Nothing went dull at all. Amazing kisser!!! He told me that he is intimated by me because he feels like I am way out of his league and that I accepted this date because he knows my mom pretty well. I told him straight out that I don't take dates because of my mom. That I did it because he was cute and felt a good connection, even though we were both trashed the first night we met. I told him that I am having a great time and hope to see each other soon. I will be back in my hometown so he told me to let him know when I get there because he wants to see me again. Oh, also within the date, we wants to teach me to golf (which I am dying to learn how) and that he has friends that jet skiis on the lake that is near by and wants to take me out on it. So, he is planning more dates with me!! I am trying to go by the books in this whole day and age of dating. But is this a new chapter that I feel like I missed. That guys rather text or Facebook you then to talk to them. I do like him A LOT and I do want to call him when I get into town this Saturday Night. But what is your opinion of this situation so far?

- Asked by mnstasie1976, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Minneapolis, Managerial

Honestly, I would appreciate if a man gave me HIS number and left it up to me to call. Many women won't give out there phone numbers, so men are used to this now.

In the beginning of a relationship or dating...texting/Facebo ok should not be your primary means of communication. Call him. If he continues this antiseptic means of communication, let him know you'd like a call. There is nothing wrong with a woman calling a man, as long as he is putting forth some effort too.

- Response by myndseye711, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Vladivostok, Technical

Do not call.

But how about posting "So when are you going to call me for a date" on his FB wall?

this day and age the guy and girl roles have been kind of meshed together. it's ok for the girl to make the call. it shows she's outgoing and willing to take risks. maybe this is what he could be looking for. there is absolutely nothng wrong with making the first move, or in this case call.

some guys are really shy! rejection is a huge fear that keeps guys from acting on their emotions and just asking you out. while it's lovely to have a guy ask you or call you, sometimes they just need a little push to send them in the right direction. flirting helps them know that u r into them and that you are willing to take the chance.

it just really depends on the guy you are dealing with.

- Response by brookeafternoon01, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 18-21, Who Cares?