My boyfriend said "I think I am falling in love with you".
Dating / 10:57 AM - Monday February 23, 2009

Last night my boyfriend said "I think I am falling in love with you" and "I think I'm in love with you" last night. I know thats a great thing, but I couldnt help but want him to take out the "think" part of it all. Whats your guys opinion?

- Asked by A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Detroit, Student

LoL! The old give me wiggle room comment. He likes you... alot. He just needs time to adjust. If in a few weeks he is still ho hum on this just grab him lay one on him and say "I love you! I don't think I do, I know." Leave it there don't ask him anything more. (Of course, make you sure you don't just think you love him ;)) And enjoy the kissing to follow! Good luck <3

- Response by bexxagal, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Portland, Home Maker

Give it a minute...men say what they mean..don't push, everything meant to be happens in time.

- Response by leeleelucky, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Administrative

For many times, guys don't EXACTLY say what u wanna hear..
I think what he said was good enough.. ^^
Later on, he will drop the "think" part.....

- Response by bluzone123, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York

he thinks he's afraid to say it straight out so he had to hedge his words!

- Response by hoopsjunkie, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Indianapolis, Self-Employed

Awwwweeeee......
How cute!!!!
Girl, don't overthink that. That's COOL!

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Don't do anything like be pushy now when he is on the fence. It's all good that he even is thinking it. Just be your sweet self and let it flow. Soon you will be hearing, "I am in love with you" but not if you try to force it!!!

sounds like he is feeling you out. He seems to be in love with you but is scared that maybe you don't feel the same way. Reassure him by telling him next time, "i know i'm in love with you , smile and give him a kiss to remember. I guarantee you'll never hedar the word think again

- Response by chippie147, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

most likely he added the "think" part of it because 1)he didn't know how you would react, 2)he's a guy they aren't the greatest at saying how they feel, but overall, he really meant to say "i'm falling in love with you"..good luck!

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

How long you been together? We guys can also tend to be a bit shy about showing our love for you, especially when we don't know yet if it will be reciprocated. Also, those of us that actually care about you don't want to lead you on or give you any false hope. So maybe he's almost sure, or maybe he's afraid you'll get too exited about it and take off running with it faster than he's comfortable with, or maybe it's just the way he happens to say things like that. I have been misunderstood countless times because I didn't communicate well or say exactly what I meant. Best thing, just kindly and as non-naggingly as possible (sorry ladies, I know it sounds rude, but trust me on this, once a guy gives you that badge it's a hard one to get rid of, but one thing wont set that alarm off) ask him about it. He should have the respect for you to give it to you strait. Or the side road would be to just reply, "I love you too" next time he says it, but only if you mean it. Then see how he puts it the next time. If the "think" is gone, it was most likely just that he was unsure of your love.
Hope that helps!!

- Response by broncosfanman, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Self-Employed

I would not worry to much about the think part. I mean as long as you yourself are falling for him. He is expressing his feelings and it could very well just be the think part is to protect him. He could be unsure how you feel and if he where to come out and say I love you and you not say it back, that would hurt, the think word protects him from being hurt.

- Response by shannondoc82, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35