How many times a week do normal couples have sex?
Sex & Intimacy / 6:06 PM - Sunday February 22, 2009

I haven't been in a long term relationship or enjoyed sex before my current boyfriend. We've been together for over 2 months and been having sex for the last month and a half. During a typical week, we do it at least once a day, at most 3 times, so probably around 12 times a week. He makes fun of me for wanting it all the time and says most couples don't have sex that much for that extended amount of time...

2 months? LOL, that will change. I remember wanting it all the time in the beginning - don't be so quick to wear it out, savor it while it lasts. I give it a year before once or twice a week is the norm.

However, I will say, I was with my ex for 8 years and I could devour him every day BUT that wasn't the norm. It takes lots of WORK to keep that kind of spark alive.

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

idk about you but the more the merrier! sex is sacred as my mother says she raised me that way. she also raised me though tht sex isnt everything in a relationship. but for me, all the time! (in between classes, at night, in the bathroom, anywhere but the bed is nice) ( though there's tons of tht 2) :P

- Response by hugsnotdrugs88, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25

He is correct, long term relationships usually have less frequent sex.

On the other hand, 2 months is not a long-term relationship at all, sorry. You're in the honeymoon phase.

- Response by snafu, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Financial / Banking

it is different for everyone. tell him the alternative is to be with a gal who never wants sex...I know lots og gals like that....including my last girlfriend.

- Response by sirkermittsg, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Transportation

i wish me and my boyfriend had sex at least 12 times a week. and different couples have different normals so maybe that's jus your normal

- Response by princessliea07, A Cool Mom, Female, 22-25, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

I don't know any "normal" couples. I can promise you that the overwhelming majority of couples have a LOT LESS sex that that. Your boyfriend is right. Marry him, and see what happens after about 10 years. You'll be lucky to have sex 12 times in a year!

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

will I did my b/f 25 times this weekend

You're on the higher end of the scale by a long shot.

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

N the beginning it was everyday twice on Sat! After 6 years it prob once or twice a month

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Law Enforcement

Um, so is he complaining? 8]

I thought guys dream of hypersexuality. Shows how much I know!

- Response by amyblue, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Well, I only see my boyfriend on the weekends (friday, saturday, and sunday)
I'd say on average we have sex 4-6 times during those 3 days..

- Response by greeneyedbeauty88, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

I have sex with my wife three times a week on average, but she's having sex at least once a day.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

anywhere from 14 times a week to once a week.

it varies. and it changes with time and situation. there is no "normal".

- Response by js800, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Student

ME AND MY WIFE OF 32 YEARS HAVE SEX ON AVG. 3 TO 4 TIMES A WEEK.
WE HAVE TWO KIDS THAT ARE GROWN. WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG, WE WOULD STILL HAVE SEX LATE AT NIGHT OR IN THE MORNING. YOU HAVE TO WORK AT IT, BUT IT CAN BE DONE.I'M 52 AND SHE IS 50 AND WE STILL ENJOY SEX. WE ALWAYS HAVE ORAL SEX, MAYBE THAT HELPS OUR SEX DRIVE

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65

Let me put it like this. You are having more sex in a week, than I got from my wife in a year at her best.

And since then it has fallen off to your having sex more in a week than I get in a decade.

Have a good day.