Dating a married man who says he loves me
Dating / 4:21 PM - Saturday February 21, 2009

dating a married man who says he loves me

he says he can't live without me..... but too afraid to leave his wife because he doesn't want to loose his kids... I tell him that he's not going to loose them (I'm the daughter of a divorced man... and my dad has always been there for me)

what to do?

I love him too..... love him more than anyone

Go see He's Just Not That Into You. He's not going to leave his wife and kids; end of story. Time to move on. Anything else he says to you is crap.

let him be brave and reveal the secret.. if he loves u he must act upon!

- Response by nivo4ever, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Executive

I hate to break your heart but you need to let him go . Find another man out there who can love you with no hassles of this type. I know it's hard when your are hit with the love bug ...but you must break free of him for your sanity. Stop taking his calls or seeing him this will help somewhat at first then go to your friends for support i am sure they will love you with no i told you so comments!!!

- Response by skippernet, A Creative, Male, 46-55

I'm sorry, he just getting sex from you guys can say they love you etc act like it but its just the sex. trust me! Actions speak louder than words. he still is with his wife end of story you are a side dish. (sorry just being honest) my friend was in your same shoes and said the same thing to her guess what 8 years later hes still with wife and kids---she got the boot--she waited and waited thought that he would leave wife but didn't--so there you go :(

If he loved you, he'd be with you (and not only when there was spare time). Obviously at this point he is interested in keeping the family together. What you have to ask yourself is if you are willing to be the other until he decides when and if there is a right time. He may say that he loves you but does he? I think you have to see if his actions reflect what he says to you. Try to see if what he is able to offer you is what you deserve, it's not always about what he wants, especially if your not even in a commited relationship. At this point you have to see and take a stand for what you want. If you are okay being the other, then stay, if you feel like you deserve more then leave. You decide, dont wait around for him to decide your future.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Medical / Dental

I believe there is a song by Sugarland..she is dating a married man and he won't leave his wife...so in the song she finally says I can't do this because you will not leave your wife..and you don't realize your hurting me. I believe this is very true!

I believe that if he truly loves you he would tell his wife he wants a divorce. Some guys do this bc they can get a two for one deal. You need to tell him straight up. Maybe he fears child support and custody battles...but its not fair to his wife and kids either! His wife deserves to know. Would you want to sleep with your husband who is cheating on you? Personally dating a married man should be a sign to you! What are you doing? He is cheating on his wife...what makes you so sure he won't do the same to you. He tells you what you want to hear. I am sure he told his wife he loves her and wants to be with her forever..Look at what a lie that is!
You need to either tell him to tell her, or you tell her...or GET OUT! Your already emotionally hurt don't let it get worse!

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, St.Louis

He can live without you apparently. You are dating him, but you do not have to pick up his stinky socks off the floor, clean the bathroom after he has used it, spent holidays with his family, given birth to his children. He is using you for sex and using his children as an excuse to appease you.
If he does decide to leave his wife, she will get everything he's got AND he will have to pay child support. It is fun to sneak around for sex only now...but not so fun if you have to pay the rent and pick up the tab for everything.
Finally, if you are "lucky" enough to get him remember this: If he will do it with you, he will do it TO you. Can you really trust him?

- Response by burningmyhalo, Female, 46-55

pm me back.

I've got a question for you

- Response by sexyasnpinay, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Retired

Blah....Blah....Blah... . heard this many times before. Its like a broken record. If he loved you he would leave!!! Period!!! And if he really thought about losing his kids he would have kept it in his pants.

- Response by 1sassychic, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Student