Can a guy ever really be "too busy" to have a relationship or is he just not that into you?
Dating / 3:53 PM - Saturday February 21, 2009

I've been friends with this guy for about 6 months and I finally decided to take things to the next level. We made out one night and we talked the next week about it. He explained that since I'm not just some random girl he met at the bar, he knows that if he were with me he'd want a relationship. However, he stated that right now he has a lot going on, school, tests, looking for a job, family issues, etc., but he thinks that some of these issues may get resolved in the next couple of weeks and then we can talk about maybe starting something then. Is he really just saying he's just not that into me and trying to let me down easy by saying that we can maybe revisit the possibility of starting something later?

I'll always say this, you can never be too busy if you are that really likes you, no matter how busy a person is
" HE WILL MAKE TIME FOR YOU " ... p.e.r.i.o.d. !
so if someone doesnt seem to give you time because he's to busy, make no excuse ! for serious get the memo and move on.

- Response by sexyasnpinay, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Retired

people have alot going on but if he wanted a relationship you make time for one.. its not you per say.. he simply does not have the time... but I am like that. sometimes adding a relationship to your plate is must too much work. He is being honest... right now he does not want or have time for one

See what he DOES... ACTION speaks louder than Words!

well.. am sorry to tell u that
but if he is interested he wont ever think of time! this is a very lame excuse and i have seen it happening with many friends they tell them we dont have time we want to focus more on career and the next step they r going out with another one! trust me in that one!

- Response by nivo4ever, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Executive

just be sure to let him know that you have priorities too, a guy likes an independent woman. Let him know that since your relationship doesnt come first, then it is not that important to you either. There is always time for a relationship, unless he only has time for one, which may not be yours.

- Response by mapplinmair, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Retail

it can be either, certainly.

he's too busy means that he's, quite simply, too busy to be involved in a significant relationship in the moment. no magic 8-ball needed to interpret that.

he's too busy can also mean you are not the person he wants to have a significant relationship with. that's a judegement call on his part, and entirely valid if that's how he sees you or compares you to another, more desireable mate.

Man that cant find time for a women is a man not worth having around !!!!!

- Response by skippernet, A Creative, Male, 46-55

Hey Hon,

This could be either, but I kind of think your instincts might be answering this for you; unless you have been jerked around a lot in the past so are distrustful I would advise you to look at your instincts. You are worried and insecure about this enough to seek advice-- maybe you already know the answer about this particular man. Do a little introspection on that idea.

Next, it is very possible that he thinks very highly of you and wants to be able to dedicate time to you so he is working his schedule out to be able to accomodate that. He said a few weeks, so maybe sit tight for a few weeks and see if he approaches you. Between now and then accept dates, go out, have fun, and after 3 or 4 weeks double check with him. If he doesn't have things sorted out move on!

- Response by bexxagal, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Portland, Home Maker

I would say if he was in to you the guy would find the time.

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity