He broke up with me..So why is he so angry?
Dating / 10:11 PM - Friday February 20, 2009

So my ex left me less than 1 month ago. He's given me about 50 reasons why (I dont love you, you were jealous, controlled me, blah blah) Sometimes he says he still loves me and really didnt want to leave. Now hes being really mean and nasty. He says I'm happy now that I left you, If we were stranded on an island, I'd kill myself (lol), I don't miss you... and so on.. The thing is, this isn't the first time hes said these things. He's left me twice before and the situation and sayings were similar. I love him and I know I shouldnt put of with this. He is a 28 yr old man and he should act like it. Anyway, he left me, he moved out and back home to mom and dad.. I am not asking him to come back, I'm not calling him.. I am trying to get over this. I even told him I am ok with his decision to break up! So why is he angry with ME?

Without going into detail...you don't want to spend any time trying to figure out why he's mad. He's manipulative and he's upset that he isn't getting the reaction he intended. He will use a pattern of threatening to leave you every single time things are going the way he wants them to. Don't contact him or continue to engage him....stop listening to his dribble. Change your phone numbers. Consider moving. Cut him off. and don't look back. He's not a keeper. He's a red flag looser.

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

He is angry with you and blames all that happen on you, it helps him digest the consequences of his actions. It takes a little boy to do that, to be so immature. It takes a man to say what he feels and be able to man up to the consequences of his actions. I would tell him you don't have time for bs and to stop it now. Change your number if you have to.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

Joybird nailed it. I was with somebody just like this. I broke up with him, after many friendly attempts to get in contact with me he changed his strategy and chose to say some very hateful and mean things to me, he figured it would make me angry. It was just to manipulate me to start talking to him again. Keep moving on and stay strong!

- Response by wildbelle, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Pittsburgh, Food Service

Because you're not having the reaction he was hoping for?

Because he was expecting a different reaction to the breakup from you and he is not getting it so therefore he is acting like a two year old and throwing a temper tantrum. You said it your self You are not asking him to come back or calling him and you told him you were ok with it. All of that has bruised his ego. Let him go off on his childish rant ignore him and keep doing what youare doing are doing.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Because he probably wants you to crawl back to him to make himself feel needed. I say ignore him. He calls don't answer. He dumped you. You didn't dump him. He's being an immature jerk. He will soon learn.

- Response by breathelikedreams, A Thinker, Female, 26-28

Who cares why he's angry...you shouldn't!

- Response by ucantrustme, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Political / Government

sound so much like my relationship. my partner of 17 years walked on me and our 2 children after i had caught him textin another girl now he gettin on so angry with me sayin he wants nothin to do with me im so confused and hurtin so bad.

- Response by lisaairport02, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Birmingham