How many dates until relationship?
Dating / 6:29 PM - Friday February 20, 2009

how many dates until relationship?

let's say you are going on 1 or 2 dates a week with a person. you really like them and each date gets better and better. how long would this go on before you talked about being exclusive. or do you just wait for them to say something?

I usually take the girl ring shopping on the second date...

...they never seem to return my calls

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

I think you should know after two months if you are seeing each other every weekend.

There is nothing wrong with you discussing it with him after a few months. If it freaks him out, then that's on him, and obviously he wasn't that interested. If you are in it for a relationship, it's best not to let too much time go by before it's discussed.

- Response by myndseye711, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Vladivostok, Celebrity

A rule of thumb I use is -- 1 or two dates during the week and pretty much together all weekend -- for six months -- then consider the exclusive conversation.

Good luck.

Depends on each relationship. And also if you are being intimate. Because if you are then you could ask for health reasons. I'd say two months in to it you can hint at exclusivity.

well, i think thats a mutual decision....you will usually just "know" when its the right time...i dont believe there is a certain "time" to do so...

- Response by laxgirl, A Sportif, Female, 36-45, Baltimore, Therapist

I think once you take this relationship to the next level i.e. SEX then you have a right to ask if he is seeing anyone else and where he would like to see this relationship going. I have learned never to assume exclusivity!

I say don't ask first. Let the relationship evolve. I think you can be evident in your actions about your expectations and what you desire in your relationship. 1 or 2 dates a week says a lot. With conversations in between, he has little time for someone else. Let things grow naturally and keep your options open until the relationship is defined. That may not be the best idea if you a having a physical relationship.

- Response by brownskinladyclt, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

6 months why rush, get to know them be friends first..lord u got lots of time to be committed true colors take awhile to appear

- Response by riverboat, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Lawyer