Why do some straight guys get a boner in public showers?
Sex & Intimacy / 2:04 PM - Wednesday February 18, 2009

One of those guys gets real hard that you can't help but notice. The poor guy blushes and he even sometimes avoids hitting the showers after the gym because of that. I can tell he's not gay cus he doesn't act like one. Besides, he never looks at other guys.

Is that normal? Could it be that some people get aroused when they get nude in public places? Is there such a thing in human behavior?

- Asked by A Player, Male, 29-35

It's possible and 'normal' for guys to get an erection when naked because they are in the 'natural state' and sometimes don't have 'control' over when/where/how they get aroused...I've known guys who would get an erection just from thinking of someone/something and it's just the body's reaction to a certain stimulus...:D

Getting hard isn't necessarily a sexual thing. Morning wood for example. Something about the water hitting him just gets him hard, probably isn't sexual at all, just a physical reaction.

It's way embarrassing though, I feel for the guy!

- Response by skibum4, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

This is humiliating!

There is only one decent gym within 20 minutes of my house in the suburbs, the problem is that ther are 5 guy who go to this gym who are my wife's ex-boyfriends.

Everytime I see one of them in the locker room or the showers I get so embarressed and boing there's a hard on. It just makes it worse because they aren't hard and they are just as big or bigger, at least if I didn't get a hard on there would be the maybe he's a big time grower...

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

Man I am so glad I am not a dude. Don't men get boners over about anything though?

- Response by voodoo68, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

He's gay.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Las Vegas, Celebrity

why do you look?

My husband, his friend and me were in bathing suits in the hot tub one night drinking a little my husband's friend stood up and out of no where asks my husband why does he get a hard on in the shower at the gym. Joking around I stood up and leaned into his friend, putting my hand on his chest and said that it was simply he was so manly that all human's were attrackted to him. Stumbling a little I noticed the enormous bulge in his suit. My husband must have noticed me noticing it because he made some comment about being small without being next to that. I didn't hear the exact words he used because I was mesmerized by it and couldn't help but squeeze it to see if it were real.

When I seemed surprised saying it is real they both broke out is such a fit of laughter that I got embarressed and fell over and nearly drowned.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Boston, Who Cares?