Is she interested or not? I sent flowers to this girl, but never said thank you until I emailed her.
Dating / 10:32 AM - Tuesday February 17, 2009

I went out with this girl twice already, one group date, the other just the two of us - movie and dinner. wE were very close. She told me on one of her emails that she really wants me as a very good friend...but she agreed on a movie/dinner date and she knows I like her.

I sent her flowers for Valentines as I wasn't around the area, and then she never thanked me for it. I had to send her an email to ask how she was, that's when she wrote back thanking me...then she said, "I didn't expect it, thank you!!! but really not needed, especially we are friends"...now, what is this? What should I do next? I plan to just walk away and not say a thing and date someone else...am I wasting my time or she is playing hard to get? Please help!

- Asked by bugdoctor32, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Yep, sounds like your wasting your time here. Even if you were "just friends" she should of still called and thanked you. I wouldn't even waste my time on a woman who obviously doesn't even have simple manners! Even if she didn't want to lead you on, etc. a simple Thank You would of sufficed. Drop her and move on you will be better off in the end.

Oh and her reaction to the flowers and emphasizing the fact that you are just friends would lead me to believe she is not interested even more reason to move on.

You're wasting your time because she has already put you in the friend zone and is trying not to come right out and say it.

Sorry if that's really blunt, but I don't speak in "female code" and I'll just say it.

You should save your time and generosity for someone who appreciates it and who's feelings are mutual.

:-)

- Response by jenjenmcmorris, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

Maybe she is being cautious and not 'assuming' that since you sent her flowers that you are now all hers. Don't give up if you really like her just becasue you are not sure. Give it some time, keep being attentive and then have a conversation about her feelings. Then you will know!!!!

Same $#@% happened to me at Christmas. Not a thank you, no email, no phone call...........just silence.

You get it figured out let me know.

- Response by vandalayart, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Denver, Science / Engineering

Sounds to me like she really is just only interested in being just a friend. Don't see why though :D

- Response by amongyong, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Retired

Sorry, but yes. You're wasting your time.

She has already told you at least twice that she considers you two to be friends. So I believe her and move on.

Besides, she's not even a good friend. She was very rude not to thank you immediately for the flowers.

Move on.

She purposely put emphasis on the "just friends" part of the sentence for a reason. The reason she didn't send a thank you until you contacted her was because she didn't want to lead you on. Yes, she could just flat out tell you, but believe it or not she's trying to spare your feelings. Sorry dude.

- Response by wildbelle, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Pittsburgh, Food Service

she didn't thank you because she didn't want to contact you. Sounds like she's trying to stay away from you but she doesn't want to say it. I'm sorry but she's not interested.

- Response by beanielou, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

like that was such a nice thing to do!! butt if she is categorising you as a friend i would lay off. This dosn't necessarily mean you don't have to talk any more but if she thinks your loosing interest this may well turn the table and she will want more attention off you? its like the full chasing game. In the mean time theres plenty more girls out there that would appreciate this kind of attention, you deserve that much!

- Response by m155rbnh, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Glasgow

OK, first off.. She should have contacted you immediately when she received her flowers. That is just good manners.
Not sure what you should do. I would try another date and see how things go there.

- Response by almostsinful, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

You're in the Friends Zone, get out, now.

You should do what I've been doing, with my recent partner: retrain her to actually respond in a positive manner when men do good stuff for her. I actually repeat my friend's words to her, and explain why that isn't cool.

- Response by creepyolderguy, A Player, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

You need to follow your gut and just walk away. She is obviously not interested in anything more than friendship. Your sweet sentiments should be shown to someone who appreciates them and will reciprocate.

- Response by cremebrulee67, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Sweetheart she is not intersented, for whatever reason you only interest her on a friend like level and she may be getting frustrated with you being to forward. She didn't say thank ou,not because she wanted to me mean but because it was her way of trying to let you know she is not interested. She is a waste of you kindness and there is another woman our there who will gladly accept and return the favor. Good luck hun!

- Response by jecatarino, An Engaged Girl, Female, 22-25, Houston, Military

Well, it sounds to me like she is in a relationship,that is held together by a wing and a prayer.I don't think she's planning o leave this person but if the relationship does come to and end yor next up.

- Response by blendjon, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Student

It sounds clear to me that she considers you as a very good friend. I think you need to just be open to meeting other woman because unfortunately, she doesn't feel that way about you.

I'm sorry to tell you but the "I didn't expect it, thank you!!! but really not needed, especially we are friends" part shows that she isn't interested in you the way that you want her to be. Sending her flowers was on your part romantic and very cute :) but for her to not even acknowledge that you sent them until you brought them up shows that she isnt interested in you romantically. She probably thinks that you are a nice guy so shes having a hard time letting you know that she doesnt feel the same way as you do. If you want to continue a relationship with this girl you need to get yourself another girlfriend and keep this girl as strictly a friend. She is going to end up pushing you out of her life because she just isnt interested in you the way that you want her to be. Stop trying if you want to stay friends with her at all .

- Response by kmbrlybeth, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Retail

is she kidding me... my boyfriend sent me flowers and i was like wow and went stright away and called but that chick seams ungratefull at least say thank you or something, or was she just to surprized by the flowers..
Did you tell her how you felt about that?

- Response by olivare, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

maybe ...she's not yet ready for a relationship .. she's still enjoying ur company as a friend ... give her a break dude! dont rush her ..

- Response by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Consulting