Mother-in-laws are you jealous of your daughter-in-laws and if you are how do act and
Family & Parenting / 5:06 PM - Sunday February 15, 2009

why are you jealous of your daughter-in-laws

- Asked by february22, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Toronto, Who Cares?

I love my daughters-in-law! They are both fine young women. My sons chose well. I was more than happy to welcome them into our family! :)

I made up my mind years ago that I would love and support any choices my sons made. Actually, although neither of them have yet married, I approve of their long-term girlfriends. I even liked the one who eventually cheated on my son & broke his heart.
I did this because I want my kids & grandkids in my life, and I want them to enjoy their visits. I had a mother-in-law who approved of NOTHING about me. They didn't come to the wedding, and she looked down her nose at me (because I was previously married & had kids). The marriage turned out great; she died 14 years ago.
The nicest, most positive thing she ever said to me was (and say this to yourself in a British accent in a condescending tone), "Don't take it personally, Monana. NO ONE would have been good enough for my son."...
RIP; I wish I missed you.
I just don't want my daughters-in-law feeling like that about me. They'll be raising my grandchildren, after all.

- Response by monana, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

I get along with my daughter in law just fine,I think maybe a little jealousy when it concerns the grandsons ...(the time that is shared between her parents and me)

- Response by flor71, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Seattle, Who Cares?

I think all mothers are jealous and cautious at first,as they just want their sons to be happy and cared for,,just as we dads want our daughters to be happy and safe.

It's difficult to turn over your BABY,to someone else.

- Response by randolph, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer