I can't get enough milk lately. Does this mean something?
Diet & Health / 11:53 PM - Tuesday February 10, 2009

Lately I've been drinking enough milk to drown in. It's not unheard of for me to be tempted by a bottle of chocolate milk at the grocery store, but it's very unlike me to have five or six glasses of milk a day like I've been having.

What are the chances I've got some vitamin deficiency? Or do some people just go on binges of eating/drinking alot of the same stuff?

- Asked by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Teaching

I have noticed that it is very comon for women to crave milk. I read some where that it may be caused because women stop taking in calcium in their late 20's mid 30's depending on genetics. But it may not always be that it is a vitamin deficiency during my mothers last pregnancy she has huge craving for milk, and was actually told by her doctor to stop! There were a large quantity of calcium deposits that could prove dangerous ( because she was pregnant). Maybe t will always be a mystery but i don't see a problem in a nice big glass of milk or two or three a day! I hope this helped rather than confused.
jecatarino

- Response by jecatarino, An Engaged Girl, Female, 22-25, Houston, Military

Whenever you crave something insatiably this way, it's your body's way of telling you something is missing. In this case, it could be a calcium deficiency as it is with most women who just don't get enough. Start taking a calcium and vitamin D supplement and see if that doesn't have a positive affect. Pay attention to your cravings though, you'll often find, unless it's donuts everyday, that there is a rhyme or reason to it. Our bodies are smart and know by nature what foods are needed to derive certain nutrients.

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

12.27.12 - I actually just "googled" exactly this question & look where it brought me!! Wow! I'm right there with the person who said I could drink a quart in a sitting (might need to include an Oreo in there too). But all the suggestions of calcium seem to be right on for me. Don't forget your Vitamin D too!

- Response by ladyrap3, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

maybe you need more loving than calcium.

I always drank tons of milk and still do. I could do a quart at a sitting. I can think of no downside at all and the older I get, seeing the medical problems of other women, I am only glad I liked milk so much. I believe that our body does reach out for what it needs and as long as it is healthy, I say: Go for it!

i get in my milk moods too. sometimes i just love the coldness. but, maybe u do need some calcium in ur body. no biggie, just go with it, no harm.

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

man tht sound lik smthn outta d "grudge" movie. ew.

- Response by susycu, A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28, New York