Do men like to be chased?
Dating / 3:08 PM - Tuesday February 10, 2009

Do men like to be chased?

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Executive

Sure as long as it isn't by daddy with a shotgun or a husband with one. LOL

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Men like to be chased just like some girls do, however, they don't like to be stalked and bugged and nagged at while being chased.

- Response by sillysquids2, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Chased - yes!
But playing games is a no-no...they prefer honesty

- Response by Vickey69, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Yep...........and caught, too!

^>^

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

Of course we do, it's a huge compliment to be desired.

And of course not all will admit to it, it is too new age for some.

- Response by beelzebub, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I think they like being caught better.

- Response by bobboy, A Jock, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Some do. I, frankly, was married before I understood women well enough to even know how to tell if a woman was interested. When I was single I was too clueless to even know a woman was trying to get my attention. And, I think I was typical. If you're going to chase him, be obvious.

- Response by endlesssearch, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Technical

That depends upon who's chasing them.

If the person is holding a chainsaw, then no. If its got to do with love, and not the stalker creepy kind, then yes.

- Response by desota18, A Creative, Male, 22-25, Self-Employed

Yes.... If but only if the female chasing is someone whom I would like to be caught by. If it's not then no.

- Response by sohodutch, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, New York, Technical

I think most of these answers are great, but, I have to add my two cents. Biologically, men and women are wired in such a way that the man gets a lot of satisfaction from the chase and the catch. And without getting all Phd thesis on you, I think the problem nowadays between the sexes is that men have gotten lazy about this and are willing to let women do all the work. And sure, they are willing to let a woman do all the chasing, but do they really respect her in the end? Debatable.
Mating is like a dance. And women do "chase," in their own way. I am not saying woman should play hard to get. But, most of the guys I know who are real men (gasp, did I just say that??!!) go after what they want.
As a woman, I respect myself enough to let a guy know I am interested, and then let him take it from there. Of course men like that. However, I am *not* chasing him down. Because we all know the saying, if he's not calling you, sleeping with you, or marrying you, he's just not that into you.

- Response by jasgirl, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Teaching

Huh? I gave basically the same answer as sillysquids and piscesrising, and you gave both of them 2s and you gave me a 0 rating. What's up with that?

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

How else would we know if you like us or not?

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Denver, Science / Engineering

Yeah sure I dont mind. As long as I wasnt taken at the time. I dont like to feel threatened by a women though.

Its fun its the jour de vivre, did I spell that correctly.?
You all know what i mean anyway.

If you chase a man he will run (usually after he gets sex). If you run from a man he will chase you. It's genetic and comes from millenia of men being hunters and defenders. If you find a man who likes to be chased chances are he's lazy. Chances are even better that a man who is chased will only let himself be caught temporarily. A man who has to pursue something (or someone) will value it more when he finally succeeds and be more committed to keeping and caring for it (them).

- Response by krystalminister58, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Political / Government

Yeah sure. Not like, playing hard to get to be chased, but pursuit on some level is nice, it shows interest and that makes things easier for us. Which is always a good thing for me.

- Response by anothergentleman, A Father Figure, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Technical

Maybe not "chased" but once I'm caught I wouldn't mind if we shared the pursuit once in awhile. Seems like 99% of every relationship is him make'n all the moves and her deciding when it is and isn't ok. Might be nice to reverse that role once in a while.

- Response by fluff47, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

To be pursued when he like you..or desires you is one thing...but I really think it is a built in quality for the man to be the one to chase...'the thrill is in the chase and in the conquest'.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I like to know that either she is attracted or wants my company and cares about me. If she fails to contact me, then I would think she doesnt care

- Response by curiousguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Of course we enjoy being chased. Everyone wants to know they are desireale.

- Response by wolverinesegg, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

UMM well i guess they do. I also notice that they like to often wait for the girl to make the first move like the gaylords they r.. omigod

- Response by quirvy, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Baltimore

hek, yeh. 'slong as u r wot d man wants. if u fugly hell b lik no way baby.

ths is basclly a ? bout whthr or / n he lik u. if he lik u, he want u round, if he dont lik u he want u far way.

- Response by susycu, A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28, New York

I do, hell yeah. As long as she's cute! I'm just like most women, if someone attractive is pursuing you its great; if someone UN-attractive is pursuing you, you call them stalkers...