If a guy invites a girl to his house for a movie does it REALLY mean hes lazy & hoping to get some?
Dating / 3:22 PM - Monday February 09, 2009

So if a guy invites a girl to hang out at his place, he just wants sex?

I went on a date with a guy about a year ago. He took me out to dinner and dropped me off at my place afterward. Later that week he invited me to watch a movie at his place. He didn't even sit by me. A few days later we watched another movie. He didn't sit by me (weird).

Is there a chance that some guys just want to casually hang out sometimes? (this is an honest question, sarcasm not present)

Update: February 10, 2009.
and now with that...the time we hung out before dinner we had been physical. we were at a friends for fun and a few drinks, went back to my place and he made the first move. and the next three times nothing. maybe he was trying to prove a point?

- Asked by jasmine27, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

Yes it is true!!!omg ,some guys do just like to hang out sometimes. Think about it ,if a guy wants to get serious with a girl,then the hanging out is important,because 90% of the time thats what you will be doing in a relationship

- Response by yamahaman, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Charlotte

The truth is, there are old fashioned guys out there. There are many guys who want to "court" for a while before jumping in the sack. It's a pleasant and giddily romantic thing in this day and age but there are more men like that than you might think. Go with the flow a bit. He also be giving you the signal that he wants you to make the first move. If he doesn't jump on top of you at the first moment you two are alone together, it doesn't mean he has no sex drive or doesn't like you, just that he wants you to feel comfortable and to initiate when you're ready.

To be frank, there's another possible consideration. He may be afraid to be too pushy. Men don't like getting called pigs or worse and he may be playing it safe by letting you make the clear decision so he can't be accused of anything later.

- Response by elihapp, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Portland, Artist / Musician / Writer

i like to casually hang out. want to watch a movie with me?

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

any chance yer up for hanging out and 'making' a movie....?

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

im sure he just wanted some company..... Some guys actually do like to hang with a pretty girl.... even if he is to scared to make a move

there are some guys like girls that just want to have a good time and spend it with others they like.that does not always mean they want sex,maybe its the company they are after.i have friends of both male and female,we do alot of different things together,well let me honest,i'm just wanted for my hands lol..well i'm a very good cook,but i also enjoy being with the people i like.we do alot of things together,infact one of my friends spend the whole day with me,she called me early this morning we had breakfast and had lunch we shopped together we told each other jokes you know fun things.she would not let me pay for one thing,she said this day was on her.you have fun, this life is short, you have as many friends as you want male and female.and not everyone wants something from us,they just want us.

- Response by miss10, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Home Maker

Yes, he could just want to hang out, not all guys what to get it on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd dates, now on the 4th date...:). In my younger days, I'd listen to body language, if the feelings/thoughts were there for both, then I'd try a little physical flirting, to see if I was right. If I was wrong, (happened more then I can count:)) then movies and an awesome friendship. Hope this helps

- Response by jackdee, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Las Vegas, Law Enforcement

Its possible that he just wants to hang out or is too shy to make a move. He could also be broke or lazy lol!

If it were me though, I wouldn't agree to last minute invitations because I would want it to seem that I am hip and have a busy life. And I would only go over for good reason - if he was cooking for me for instance! Otherwise, he can come pick me up and take me out like a nice gentleman.

- Response by chocandbling, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

I believe although not enough, there are gentlemen out there. But it could be a number of reasons other than wanting sex: 1. He may want to know what it would be like if you two are alone...his way of finding out if this is what he want. 2. Maybe he is expecting you to expect him to try to get into your pants. 3. Maybe he was really trying to be respectful or 'do the right thing' 4.Maybe it is just a phsycological way of getting into your pants (lol! I ran out of reasons!). Maybe that guy could not sit next to you because he could not trust himself!

- Response by truesilky, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

the guy is looking for long term relationship he is not trying to push you as you are thinking .
he is clean .

- Response by crowntash, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Karachi