Reply To A Rejection Letter.
Sex & Intimacy / 6:12 AM - Monday February 09, 2009

Reply To A Rejection Letter.

The next time you get a rejection letter from a hoped-for employer or publisher, just send them the following:

Dear [name of the person who signed the rejection letter],

Thank you for your letter of [date of the rejection letter]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me [employment with your firm a contract to publish my book]. This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite [name of the co or agency that sent you this letter]'s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting [applicants/manuscripts ], I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time. Therefore, I will initiate [employment/publishing] with your firm immediately following [graduation/job change, etc. -- get creative here]. I look forward to working with you.

Best of luck in rejecting future [candidates/manuscript s].

Sincerely,

[your name]

- Asked by puniksem, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, London, Consulting

lmao! That is hilarious! I would love to see their faces when they read that letter! :-) Good one!

- Response by mel2583, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed