I'm 42, he's 25...should I or shouldn't I?
Sex & Intimacy / 6:18 PM - Saturday February 07, 2009

I rarely feel chemistry with anyone, so I'm wondering what the heck I should do about the chemistry I feel towards a guy 16 years younger than me. We work in the same building but not near each other (1500 employees). To me he has the presence of being about 30 even though he's 25. People usually think I'm about 33, though I feel younger. I've heard he's single, mature, and very nice. When I walk by him I just feel drawn to him, almost comfortable like I've known him before or that I *should* get to know him. Should I get him out of my head or should I take a chance? I feel slightly ridiculous. Thanks for any input. :)

P.S. He's shy.

- Asked by jetcatt, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Seattle, Who Cares?

You don't even know him... Are you feeling "chemistry" or lust? :O)

- Response by destinyseeker, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Teaching

Well, if you are both single..there is nothing wrong the age difference..Go for it!!!

- Response by springishere, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

It does sound intersting. How do you know if he into you? Your profile says taken. So you already have a boyfriend? Well you could take a chance but if it dont work it be ackward and you might get fired. People talking about it ext...

Hon be a Cougar and go for it, there is chemistry for a reason you and he are at your sexual peak now....yup life is unfair to ones who marry the same age....but who cares what ppl think if your both happy. I am your age and still get carded. Now I need to find my 25 yr old. lol.

- Response by gingersdd, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I think you should go for it.
But keep in mind, with him being 25, he might take you up on a date, just for sex and to gain experience from an older woman.
I am not saying that is what he is all about; moreso, just something to keep in mind.

- Response by andrewj5267, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Miami, Teaching

GO FOR IT!!!!

stop analyzing it..go with the flow and have fun..I did this no worries..

- Response by butternutbisque, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Men have been doing it for years without asking permission. Go for it and don't make apologies.

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Retired

16 year can be huge...

...but, if you're only looking for fun...go for it!

If you are looking for more, tread carefully.

I too, find chemistry rarely...so I pay attention when it happpens. I'm so careful with it. Might be good, who knows? Just go slowly if you're "looking for more than than the average bear". :P

Well for the experience and for fun, yes go ahead. But chances of this ever turning into something meaningful are very low. He's very young, and there are a lot of women his age out there, his age and younger that he can legally sleep with. You don't want him to cheat on you in future.

This is just my view.

- Response by pearlndew, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I say get your swerve on. If u are attracted to him figure out if he's attracted to u. I've dated men as much as 12 years younger then me.if at 25 he is mature enough for u do it. Don't worry about what others think it's all about u and what makes u happy.

Long-term: not worth it.

Short-term: Sure.

Just make sure you both on the same page on that.

- Response by rubarob, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, New York, Political / Government

I'd be making a lot of excuses to be in his department!!!!!!!!!

You better get to talking before someone else snatches him up!

- Response by hooker, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, New Orleans, Retired

my last gf (who I was with for 9 years) was 10 years older then me. knew for a long time that it was not headed twords marraige...but I could always hope. I learned allot from her about myself and what I liked in bed.

- Response by sirkermittsg, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Transportation

If you feel that there is enough to build a relationship upon, then go for it, what have you got to lose? Besides, you never know what kind of relationship you have if you're not willing to risk it...good luck...:D