Why do professional athletes cheat on their wives?
Married Life / 1:35 AM - Thursday February 05, 2009

In what sport do you find the most cheaters and what sport do you rarely find a cheater?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

I think that the most famous and renowned sport that is more of a turn on to women is football. There are a lot of players on a team, much of which you don't see because they are back ups, but statistically speaking I think the the NFL player out of all the pro sports have been caught more times than any other sport. They cheat because they can financially afford it, they hang with the guys a lot and the guys like to go out. There is more testosterone inhibited drugs strung out to these players and they are not home for a large part of the year.

i dont believe its any certian sport that has cheaters..i think its just that they travel so much & always have temptation thrown at them that sometimes they just give in.

- Response by dragonflyfairie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Teaching

Becasue it is just like guys that play in bands...they are famous and woman throw themselves at them.

I have been asked out buy more than two professional football players, in my lifetime. So, that is the sport I would say does it the most.

I KNOW they all do. They get caught up in the bravado of it all. They are around women that would sleep with any guy that wears a jersey. Just like groopies at a rock concert.

The guys that asked me out were all married. I only new that from reading the newspapers. None of them wore rings or indicated that to me upon approaching me. :(

Why? Because they can and being an athlete, they are exposed to more opportunity than the average man. Not to mention, the "groupie" who is simply looking to be a "piece of ass" for a guy tends to offer many things and treat him in such a way that his wife has too much respect for herself to ever offer. The wife wants her man and to live a life with him. The "groupie" simply wants a notch in her bedpost so she can brag about who "fu**ed" her and will therefore offer everything she can.

The guy is still wrong and an ass for cheating, but temptation makes the best of men think twice sometimes.

- Response by ecgjyt, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Medical / Dental

they do so simply because they can.
the facts are that in all sports you travel, you have money and there are lots of members of the oposite sex that desire you.
being wanted is a very powerful thing....especially for men.

I think the nascar drivers are probably the least of the cheaters...I say this because they come to the races with their wives, and they leave immediately after the race. They generally are not known to be party animals either....most of them are known for being conservative business men actually.

- Response by sirkermittsg, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Transportation

Professional athletes cheat because of these scheming and conniving women in this world. For every man out there there is atleast 4 women. Meaning that there are gonna be a lot of women who just do not give a damn about his WIFE. As a female I feel its neglectful on both parts. it is a crazy situation but I would expect the man to have a little more self power to care about his wife and prolly kids. Hopefully he will think about all the diseases and the high case of HIV going around.

- Response by Female, 22-25, Who Cares?