My ex still cares for me but wont be with me?
Dating / 3:37 AM - Wednesday February 04, 2009

I was dating this guy for a while and i broke up with him because he barly had time for me cuz he was so busy.But when i visit my friends he will ask me to hang out and when we do he acts like he wants to be with me, when other guys flirt with me or i flirt with them he getws jealous, he has told people he misses me and if he had the time he would be with me, I do not understand what to do anymore in this siutation.

Update: February 04, 2009.
haha well thank you i actually smiled when i read this! :)

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Student

... you both are still young, if you two can still remain friends then that is great. If he is too busy then thats just what it is, it doesnt mean he still doesnt care about you, but he is focused on his priorities right now. which is obvious.
Just because you two may care for each other or love/be in love with each other doesnt mean that you two are exactly right for each other... or at least not right NOW.

OF COURSE im sure he gets jealous, a lot of guys are like that. You were once his girlfriend and that makes him a little jealous to see other men paying you attention, etc. its natural though. As it is natural that if he still cares about you, Im sure he misses you too.

HOWEVER, again, like he said.. if he had the time - he would still want to be with you. It is what it is right now, if later it is meant to be- it will be then. But for now, go out and enjoy life. It's not the end of the world that you lost a boyfriend, but its great that you gained another friend.

- Response by mrshopkins, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

Dont sit arund and wait for his decision, if u broke up with him because he didnt give you enough time, then he still feels something for you, if you want to hang out with him do, but if u are with him... why flirt with other guys, u are just making a dificult situation worse. Flirt go out, date find the one who meets your expectations but dont lead him on and dont drag him to watch, is obcious he wants to be with u but cant, or can but does not want to put in the effort. So if u wish hang out with him but dnt expect more and dont treat him like a friend because he is not just a friend obviously, be sincere with him and tell him u need more time if he want to be ur BF, if he cant, then let him go and make it clear to him.

- Response by draalexa, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

well y u being selfish? in love, its not always taking, giving is part of it too. both should understnd each other and help in bad times. what if he is busy and got not that much time for u? u should stand by him. leaving ur love just coz he dont have alot of time for u, u think it makes sence, in love? or u should accept that he was ur just a time pass, and thats different. but if he was ur bf, means u were in love with him, dont its very wrong u did.
i would say, go back to him, he loves u, misses u, wants u, what else u want? in this world u will find bloody whole year or years from anyone but not love. pure feelings is main thing. u dont get that on any cost. sincerity is what one should seek for. help him out in managing time. talk to him about it in detail. and there will b a way out to it. some he will adjust, some u should, thats how it works.
best of luck.

- Response by mani99, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Glasgow