So I've discovered why I can't stick a tampon in. It's because I have a very tiny tiny...
Sex & Intimacy / 6:51 PM - Monday February 02, 2009

...hole in my hymen. I've read that I can have a minor surgery to fix my hymen "hole" to a normal size. The problem is I am embarrassed to even make an appointment and want to stretch it out myself. What do you think?

FYI I'm 20.

Don't try to do anything yourself as you risk injury, infection, etc. Do not be afraid to make an appointment w/ your doctor--they see EVERYTHING and this is definitely not the worst of it. Did a doctor diagnose you with this problem? If so, have the same doctor perform the procedure, that way you don't have to explain it to him/her. If you weren't diagnosed by a doctor, you're just making an assumption, which makes it even more dangerous to take matters into your own hands.

- Response by carolena, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Buy yourself a large vibrator and pop your own cherry, Or find some guy with a BIG dick and give him the pleasure. Just a couple of ideas to avoid the embarrassment of telling your Dr. that a Tampon won't fit.

- Response by undercoverguy, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

May as well get over the embarrassment. You've got a whole lifetime of pap smears and obgyn appointments. There will most likely be a day where you'll pop a little bundle of love out of that love hole, with doctors and nurses looking down there. Call your doctor.

- Response by wildbelle, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Pittsburgh, Food Service

I really don't see how a tampon wouldn't fit. ....Are you sure you're putting it in the right hole? lol

- Response by 1browneyedgirl, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Perhaps it's time to check with an OB/GYN. I'm sure he/she can help you.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

Why would you be embarrased by this. Just a normal, simple medical problem that has nothing to do with you as a person, your lifestyle, or anything.

If you have needle marks in your legs, that you should be embarrased about. But some quirk of nature is no big deal.

If you had a bump on your nose, you would go have it fixed, right, well a tiny hole in your hymen is even less of an embarrasment.

Of course you other option is to just have the whole thing removed by some amature with a blunt instrument. (i.e. have sex), and be done with it.

Good luck

Find a female gynecologist and have a consult with her first. That should help ease your embarassment a little. The procedure is typically done under local anesthesia given by shot and then just a few snips and maybe a cauterizing and you are done. Sometimes they just do a local and make two snips and you're ready to go.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

See a doctor. Believe me, it will be worth it if you find out you were wrong..... As a woman in my 30's, as much as we hate those visits, you got to get used to them. Health first!!!!

- Response by bikermommy, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Just have some guys with large penis stretch your pussy through fucking. No need to stretch it with surgery because later on you will need another surgery to tighten it up.

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

Do what is best for you?