Do you ever have the feeling that u wasted your life away?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:00 PM - Saturday January 31, 2009

do you ever have the feeling that u wasted your life away?

or wish u could have done something diffrent?

- Asked by alldunn, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

Almost every day

- Response by shyguy63, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

Yes i do! i have looked back & there are so many things ive wished i can do..but the fact is i didnt do it..there must be a reason why i didnt..the only thing i can do now is move on & have no regrets & do what ive always wanted to do now

- Response by dragonflyfairie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Teaching

There are many things that I wish I had done differently....but then that is what life experience is all about........as for wasting my life away......no, I am enjoy
unwrapping the gift of everyday :)

- Response by zibet58, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Teaching

I have only wasted the last year but because of a sticky situation I am currently in I am slowly wasting my life but at minimum at least I have good stories to tell before my departure from this Earth.

- Response by darkpyramid, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Houston, Self-Employed

YES. EveryDay . . .

- Response by mrshopkins, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

I suppose we all must.
I am not sure about wasting but I do feel I should have listend to intuition more but then I think we are all in a learning process ,no regrets, I appreciate what life has given me. And understand my own humaness.

Oh yes - not that have wasted it...but that i have made some monumentally bad decisions in my life....but you do live and learn and thats the way i like to think of it - so i make no apologies for the errors I have made as they have made me the more wekk rounded and grounded person i am today!

- Response by aquafoxy69, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Yes, all the time. But I couldn't have done anything differently and still be the "me" that I am. Does that make sense?

Yes of course, but your life still isn't over and there are plenty of oppertunities still to forful those dreams.

- Response by gingeroot, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Student

I used to feel like that a few years ago. I was in a relationship going no where, had moved away from where I wanted to be for it, didn't like my job, and basically life kinda sucked.
I then took the time to sit down and figure out what I wanted in life. Not what anyone else other than myself wanted. What was making me unhappy? What could I do to change it? It took a while and was really painful, but I quit my job (found a better one), broke up with my boyfriend, made a conscious effort to have a social life, and things started to fall into place.
We all get stuck sometimes, but ultimately, you have to remember that the life is your's and no one else's. Live it for you. Sometimes you have to be an a-hole to do that, but in the long run, if you are making the decisions that make you happy (or eventually will), then they are totally worth it. Do what you want, it's your happiness at stake. There is no point to living if you aren't happy.

ps since then, I have decided against ever having any regrets. Things don't always work out, but they make you who you are, so long as you take them as a chance to make a difference in your life.

- Response by aujielee, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Teaching

yes, at times i do feel that way, but I really am happy and content with my life now, finally! I've had some really bad phases!

- Response by lam0366, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Actually, at your age, you've only wasted 1/3 to 1/2 of it - still lots of time to get up off the couch and do something useful :)

- Response by springbreaker, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Toronto, Self-Employed

everyday
I've been through alot

- Response by vank356, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Technical

I have had the feeling of being blocked by men at significant times in my life. I've been blocked, held down, held back, passed over, pissed on, and pissed off. Frankly I'm getting alittle postal about it all.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I agree with joybird: I wish I did not have some of the experiences I had that changed my life. I did not choose to have some of these experiences, and had I known how they would end up, I wouldn't have chosen the ones I only ostensibly chose.

I did what I could with what I had. I haven't done so bad, but I resent having to do stuff with what people dumped on me.

Sartre said when he was a political prisoner, "It is not what they have done to you. It is what you have done with what they have done to you." It's true, but it seems very unfair that you have to do stuff with what other people hand you at times. :/

All the time. I'm not sure every decision I make is the right choice but I continue to go down whatever path. If it doesn't work out I know I made the wrong decisions.

- Response by staceym2112, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Medical / Dental

Yes, but given the information I had at the time, I would probably do the same things again.

- Response by cottontown, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

sometimes career wise. I wish I had gone back to school and gotten my degree. It's never too late though.

- Response by jessie2265, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Yeah. Spent 15 years with a jerk. Half of my life! Should have been more selective. But then again, he wasn't the guy I married after about 10 years. How does a man go from being a decent hard working caring spouse to a lazy, doped up loser? (with 2 kids BTW)

- Response by stephscene75, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Oklahoma City

yes every day.....although i am getting back my life back slowly.....i have come out of a really bad situation with my family and have felt sorry for myself and suddenly i realised that only i can make myself hppy and make the most of my own life ...so hopefull from this moment i can say i will take responsibility for myself and not waste my life for anybody...

- Response by jodie1234, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Yes everyday..i think what i should have done differently..but life goes on.and i think how hard its been to rebuild my life.. how i still havent finished school..and how their all this should haves?? but its time to move on and be grateful for what i do have and dont have!! life to short to dwell on the past!!

- Response by pinkypixiesprkl, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Retail

I missed half of my life being drunk and stoned

It's just an ilusion... if you leave 50 times and each time you pick based on the previous experience, i bet you will think you took the wrong decisions on every single ocasion...

it's just the human nature to not be happy easy...

same here... when i think about it, i tell myself i did the right thing, but i always get the feeling i could have done it better...

- Response by radupizza, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Science / Engineering

In sometime I do feel I have wasted my life away but in other ways what have I really done with my life?I have always helped others when it was needed,I have done what was expected of me.So have any of us really wasted our lives?who can say what is a waste if you have changed another life just once?

- Response by windwolf, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 26-28, Tampa, Other Profession

Honestly I would not change a thing :)

Lady W*

- Response by ladywisteria, A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

..yeah..If I only knew now what I didn't know 10 years ago..:)

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession

Some times yes, but everything I have been through my entire life has made me the woman I am today...and that is a wonderful thing...I would not want to change this

All the time. There are so many times I've wished I'd done things differently than I had, but you can't go back and can only try and learn from the experience. Hindsight is always 20/20.

- Response by mysticdream44, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

We all look back and wish we had done some things differently, but I don't call that wasting my life. I believe a lot of us, when young, waste a lot of our life by not being serious about life, and squandering years away playing. Now I waste a lot of time in Answerology when I should be doing something else!!

yeah but you cnt live in the past move forward and do things that make you feel as if you accomplished something!!!

- Response by arabrose12356, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Cleveland

i have talents that weren't cultivated at a young age due to the death of my parents...

- Response by kramer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Yes I do. Every freakin' day. *sigh*

- Response by lonelyheartmynx, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Atlanta, Artist / Musician / Writer

i feel like i'm wasting my life right now...i think in past years, i was really focused and since i graduated from college, it seems like i've lost my focus

- Response by A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 29-35, Administrative

No, while there have been plenty of struggles and heartbreak. I wouldn't change anything.

- Response by rosebudlea, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55

ALL THE TIME. I could have done so much more with my life if I had just stayed focused and hadn't felt that everything was hopeless.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Yes I do but I feel I am finally starting to really live. I do really wish I would have gone back to school sooner.

- Response by tnix123, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Managerial