Can our FWB fall in love with you?
Friendship / 2:13 PM - Thursday January 29, 2009

Can our FWB fall in love with you?

So i have a fwb and we have been that way for 4 years. The other night he texted and for the very first time he said "I love you". I was smitten of course and yet scared..did he really mean it.

The next day I saw him and he called that night of texting a "delusional moment" yet he had a smirk on his face. So I asked him if I/we needed to forget that delusional moment ever happened he said " what happened" again with another smirk on his face. He knows he said and it was towards me nobody else so.........

Does he mean or did he mean it? He is being just Jerk?

speaking as a guy, theres really two ways to take it. He had what you said, " a delusional moment" and he doesn't want to say that he didn't mean it because he's afraid to lose the FWB. Or, he did mean it and isn't sure how you are going to take it so he acts like he did. He tries to play it off without denying what he said. The smirking just comes from him being in an awkward situation and he is trying to smile and act cool.

There really isn't anyway short of making him answer your questions about it to really know which of those two scenarios is happening. It sounded like you are ready to get emotionaly attached, or you already are; in either case, the situation doesn't sound like it is going to be the same for you so I would ask him if he meant it or not and decide what you want to do based on what he says. But make him give you an answer, don't let him pull this I don't know what you mean crap.

- Response by musicguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Minneapolis, Science / Engineering

ask him. how would anyone on here know?

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

I think he wants more than a fWB...he wants the icing on the cake too.

I am married to my FWB.......but it didn't take 4 years to get there, more like 4 months. I would say he is feeling you out about it.

- Response by kanaka, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Executive

I think he means it. So did you want it happen? Right now he just messing with you but I think he meant it.

Sounds like he's testing out your reaction.

Typically, no one EVER tells the FWB "I love you" unless they want more.

- Response by king313, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Civil Service

I don't know about you but I don't want the first "I Love You" of any relationship coming via text. Find a man who can step his game up.

- Response by caitlinkel01, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

I think he played it perfect.

Of course he loves you, you're his FWB.

so... on that same token, he's allowed
for that to continue. A declaration as
he made, almost requires the delusional
moment remark to be made for disclaimer

He ment it@ The male ego is fragile so he is afraid you will reject him and end the FWB, Tell him to stop acting like a jerk off IF....you want it to be more than FWB

- Response by healer, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Executive

I think he meant it but was testing you to see what your reaction was. If you feel the same way then there should be no reason not to think about moving the relationship beyond the FWB level.
If it truly was a "delusional" moment as he claims then and you are happy with the situation as is then there should be no reason for you to change anything.
Guys are not beyond testing the waters so to speak. They may do or say something just to see what reaction they get. If its positive then they may continue on that course but if its not they may try to shrug it off as a weak or "delusional" moment.

- Response by shyguy63, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

He's f*cking with you, the same way he's been f*cking u for the past four years.

- Response by sxybtch25, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?