Is he ignoring my text?? what gives??
Dating / 10:33 PM - Monday January 26, 2009

is he ignoring my text?? what gives??

i've been seeing this guy for three months. Currently he is unemployed and about to start his own business. I understand he could be a bit distracted at this stage so i'm patience with him and doing my own things too. However, there is one problem is driving me crazy is that it takes him forever (hours to 1-2 days) to reply an email or text and he doesnt even call.

we havent had the talk yet but he introduced me to all his friends and just talked about going away some time in Feb last week. So i think he likes me enough..I am not asking him to check in like a bf, but its annoying that it takes so long to get a freaking simple answer( he even complained to my friend about me not being around?!) I dropped hints and jokingly talked about this..he is like " yes yes i know i know" still things r the same..

Sunday noon, i sent him a funny msg and just asked whether he had fun on sat night. So far..nothing..

I am getting mad. I think its kinda rude of him ignioring my msg..what i should do now?? should i just call him out again or just leave him alone??

Also, how do i get him to touch base more? my friend think he is probably very passive or not ready to invest too much in a relationship so i should be a bit aggressive before his career is stable..

any thoughts?? :))

I don't answer every text sent to me and I don't expect everyone to answer every text. Life is busy and sometimes you don't have time to respond or have anything to say. Wait a few days and get in touch again. You should also consider talking on the phone or in person during the beginning of a relationship, you lose a lot of subtle context with texting.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35

Three months IS NOTHING! Surely not enough time to plan anything spilling over into the future. He is not writing to you or calling you because HE doesn't feel the need. You must listen to his silent signals. And, then accept them.

If you are really falling in love with this person, I suggest you take two steps back and think about what is happening and why. If this was happening to me, I would return his behavior. I would not be available for phone conversations and his email or texts would go unanswered. I certaining would not be sending him ANYTHING without his prompt response having been received the last time. When you send ONE single attempt to contact, YOU do not reply or initate a new message UNTIL or UNLESS he replies. To do so, make you look desperate and foolish.

if you want him to touch base more or talk to you more or even reply to your texts then you should just ask him to. If he's running a business then he probably appreciates people who get right to the point. Don't be aggressive though, be suggestive but direct. You know the business slogan of time is money.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Vancouver, Technical

I am not trying to be rude here in anyway but I think you are over reacting.. not all of us are tied to a device.. I rarely answer texts, I find them annoying.. if you want to talk to me .. call me... leave the man be.. he may not be a phone person.. you have to understand he is not you and not all of us are wired to be bossed around by a device (aka the cell phone)

Not meaning to be rude, but it sorta sounds like he isn't that into you. He may just want to be friends... just my opinion, but I think you should stop trying to contact him and just wait until he calls you. And then when he calls you or texts you don't rush to the phone and reply or answer right away. If he can't take a few minutes of his time to talk to you... I personally think that he really doesn't want to be in a relationship with you.

- Response by countrygirl1008, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Retail