I'm dating a guy 7 years younger than me. Is that odd to you?
Dating / 12:19 PM - Monday January 26, 2009

I just turned 43 and am dating a guy that is 36. Does the age difference bother you? It doesn't me but some of our friends bring it up in fun. Calling him the puppy and me the old lady. LOL what do you guys think?

You go girl.

I think as long as you two are happy who cares.

- Response by malicewhit, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Student

Why should age bother anyone...In the first place, it is no ones business how old either of you are and in the second place, age is just a number.

noway , you cougar you! ;)

- Response by classyclaws, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Houston, Self-Employed

I've got no problem with that, I couldn't imagine many people that would have either.

- Response by puniksem, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, London, Consulting

that's nothing. Don't worry what people say. they're probably jealous.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

I think it's perfect......set your friends straight...you are not an old lady (unless YOU think you are)

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I think you need to tell your friends to lay off already.

That kinda stuff is only funny for about 15 minutes. After that, it's just mean-spirited and cruel.

You need to open your mouth and tell your "friends" to lay off already. You like him, he likes you, where,s the problem?

the real question is does it bother either one of you two? My second wife was 10.5 years younger than me, and it was never an issue (other than a teasing one)

- Response by hoopsjunkie, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Indianapolis, Self-Employed

age aint nothing but a number. all that counts is that he makes you feel good.

- Response by atashanay, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Student

omg hes 36 not 19 these people need to get a hobby

- Response by swemur1, A Creative, Female, 46-55

Good grief, 7 years is nothing! Your friends are jealous! lol
Serious, seven years difference in ages is nothing once you are both adults. Besides, men usually die before we do so that puts you two at about the same age. Just love each other, that's all that matters, ignore those who don't approve!

- Response by lacey07, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I dated a girl that was 20 years younger than me for a couple years and we got along fine as long as they are over 18 its nobodys biz but yours

I have dated younger men before and find that comparable maturity level, common interests and values, mutual respect and attraction matter more than any difference in age especially when you are in your 30s and 40s. There are couples out there who are the same age yet are so different in maturity level that the relationship failed. There are always going to be hurdles to overcome in any relationship. Don't create any unnecessarily. Successful relationships are hard to obtain as it is. Don't allow how other people think influence you. The only opinions that should matter are yours and his. Good luck to you!

- Response by jpwithhope, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I think if it makes you happy then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!

- Response by stacerpacer, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Chicago, Self-Employed

I think it's great!!!! Good for you, I have always dated younger men until recently. At 36 he is in a place in his life where hopefully he has things together.. good for you!! Let your friends poke fun, just smile, nod and say "damn straight!!"

- Response by dreemer43081, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Columbus

I say sit back and enjoy the ride!

- Response by kutie56, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Newark, Other Profession

My ex-husband was ten years older than me, granted it didn't work out and we got a lot of hell for it, screw them if they don't like it. Life is too short, do what makes you happy!

- Response by juliepawl, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

no. and i wouldn't let it bother yo eiher.

- Response by dreamerinwi, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

I think it's great that you have found happiness and love with someone, no matter what age...love knows no age, knows no color and only knows the heart and that's what should matter...:D

My wife is 10 1/2 years older than I.

- Response by wolverinesegg, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

My wife is 10 1/2 years older than I.

I think they're jealous they dont have a younger man..lol

- Response by ajeepgirl67, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

I'm jealous - enjoy him

- Response by ruffian, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Not at all!! Your a cougar!!! I think it's awesome because your breaking the double standard that guys can date much younger girls...

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

I don't think it is bad at all. My mother is dating someone 20 years younger...that is a huge difference, but they seem happy...

- Response by kira85, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Financial / Banking

No I don't think so...I am dating someone 9yrs older than me.But as long as he treats you good and respects the woman you are I don't see why it would be a problem..In a lot of women's eyes your lucky.. so good luck.=)

- Response by MyHeartBelongsInNYC, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Fashion

I really don't think it should matter. This day in age, it's sad that people still bring it up even in a "joking" manner. My guy is 33 and I wont be 24 till April but no one cares because it's the reverse of your situation. If their comments truly bother you or you thinks it's disrespectful, then say something. Maybe some of them are just jealous because you're doing what they wish they had the guts to do. You're embracing life and doing what makes you happy. They might be envious because they're on the sidelines watching you leave them in the dust...

- Response by tinkusmc17, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Military

I dated a woman 14 years older than me when I was in my 30's. My buddies used to kid me about it all the time. I didn't care then, and I wouldn't care now. It's all about your connection and what you both want out of life. (strolls off singing.... Now here's to you Mrs. Robinson...)

;)

- Response by tdh467, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Diego, Technical

No big deal. I'm 33 and I have dated 6 or 7 years younger myself. Your friends need to focus on something else.

I THINK IT'S GREAT. YOU GO GIRL!

- Response by sexygrandma, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Retired

nope not at all... ive dated guys 10-12 yrs younger then me. i say if u both are on the same page and he makes u happy then go for it and enjoy.

I see nothing wrong with it and your friends are just teasing you.

- Response by tnix123, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Managerial

That is just gross. My brother is dating an older woman and that is not love it is stupidity and she will not be around for long. I will not allow my brother to live his youthful life with an old hag eww.

No :)

- Response by pieinthesky, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

I am older than you dating a guy much younger than yours. I don't think it is a big deal but if it bothers you you shouldn't do it.

- Response by istaywired, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Political / Government