Sometimes one side of my glasses hurt my ear.
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 4:18 PM - Thursday January 15, 2009

But it dont hurt the other ear. Just makes the right side feel sore. Why is this hurting me? It doesnt happen everyday. Just wondering if you had this happen to you.

- Asked by twilightzone85, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Milwaukee, Food Service

I have this problem. My glasses were the plastic kind where the legs were thick. It was irritating my left ear for a week after i bought them. I didn't adjust them the wee after when they were slipping off my nose. Somehow the lady didn't bend them correctly and it hurt more the week after. So I decided to exchange my glasses for another pair with thinner legs. I picked them up yesterday and I didn't feel the pinch on my left side until I got to work a couple of hours after. My left ear is bad now. The cartilage has gotten soft and it is out of shape. I would reccomend that you go see an ear doctor or get contacts.

- Response by swtxveee, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, New York, Student

sounds like you need to take the glasses back to the place you bought them to have them adjusted on the right side. and yes it happens with new pairs, until the adjustments are correct. then no more pain. wearing glasses shouldn't be a pain in the ears!

it could be that the temple got bent slightly. or you could be developing a pimple right on that spot.

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

Maybe its just sitting behind your ear the wrong way. Maybe they need to be adjusted better to fit!

- Response by lam0366, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Administrative

I know your mother told you to wash behind BOTH ears...see what happens when you don't listen to mother! lol

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

Try bending it outward a little until it's comfortable. That's what they would do if you took them in somewhere.

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

They're not adjusted properly! Take them back and have the fixed. I'm sure you paid a lot of $$ for them. Wait until it gets warmer...lol.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

You go back to the folks who made your glasses and they will adjust them for free. It's only a matter of running the frames through really hot water so they can bend them in a better position over the ear that is hurting. When they first make the glasses they make them perfectly even but a lot of people have one ear the is lower or at a different angel. You have to adjust the glasses for that. Sometimes it isn't noticeable until you wear them a little while. They try to adjust them so they are comfortable but also so they sit on your face horizontally so you don't have them slanted down on one side. If the difference is notable they can add a piece of buffer material on the offending side to make it higher.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I've had it happen; means the frames need to be adjusted--they're not sitting on the right side correctly.

Get a readjustment. Then ur ear will not feel sore anymore

- Response by choozywife, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

I simply placed a round cotton ball over the "leg" that was too tight. It's not attractive, but the pain stopped immediately. I'll take comfort over cute any day. Good luck

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles, Administrative