Do you think it's wrong for a wife to call her husband ''Daddy''?
Married Life / 2:56 PM - Wednesday January 14, 2009

I call my hubby daddy...it's a loving expression of mine...almost like a term of endearment!

- Asked by dolphace, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

'Wrong'? heck no! I know you southern gals have strange ways---but it's all good if'n it works for y'all.

Now let me ask you, is it wrong to call my s/o Pickle Stud Muffin?

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Maybe it's good for you, but it kind of grosses me out! I also hate when men call their wives "Mom"!

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

Whatever floats your boat doll.

But for me?

Daddy sounds too...incestuous...

Ick. And BIG daddy? Sounds like a pimp.

Not as long as it doesn't bother him. I couldn't ever call a guy that personally because it just would seem weird unless it was someone that liked it and I was really into and wouldn't think of my acutal dad saying it.

- Response by melodyalise, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Salt Lake City, Managerial

if it works for you cool i know oaoi and such is a common thing me personaly no i never even called my father dady .but i have seen my self saying papa because i am going with the granddaughter and thats what she calls him whatever its your husband!

- Response by swemur1, A Creative, Female, 46-55

Would that be like a woman screaming "Oye Papi!" when she is having sex with her man?
I like it when that happens. ;)

- Response by andrewj5267, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Miami, Teaching

I've got to be honest dolphace, I would freak myself (and my fiance) out if I called him "daddy." Haha!

- Response by carriesueud, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Cleveland, Who Cares?

I don't care for that from a spouse but if he likes it who cares..

- Response by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

My wife calls me the same thing. She started that after our first son. It is freaking if she says that during sex so other than that I am fine with it.

- Response by 1bigdaddy, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Tampa, Self-Employed

The word "Daddy" makes me think of my dad. Not something I want to think about in an amorous moment. Ick.

LOL! I think it's totally fine. Me and my guy have so many different nicknames that we call each other, and if people ever heard some of them they'd think we were total weirdos, lol. Occasionally, I'll call him Big Daddy and he'll call me Lil Mama,hahaha, so you're not alone. :)

- Response by sweetnsilly84, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

If it has meaning for you and your hubby, then its alright!

I use a lot of loving expressions, my husband and I call each other Honey. I call my daughter sweetie and she calls me mommy or sweetie.

- Response by pinklillies1, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, New York, Teaching

Anything she wants!

If that's what you want, go for it! I would personally not want to call him that and definitely NOT in bed, lol.

I find it weird to call my s/o "Daddy" because of the relationship with my dad. I do call him "Papi", it means the same but seems sexier.

- Response by loven1, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Financial / Banking

Whatever turns them on is ok

U got only one dad

- Response by dileila, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

HEY DOLL,

... I call my fiancee "daddyyyy" all the time, I actually call him by that more than calling him "baby" or his actual name. & He calls me "mommy or mama" too. (I call him by his first & last name when I'm mad at him!) haha

I knew you were going to get all these responses from people that were freaked out by that, but actually a lot of people do, do that. AND it has NOTHING to do with calling him daddy in a way like he is your actual "father". It doesnt freak me out or anything. If anything, I think he gets turned on by it ... alot. We like to kid and have fun... I have soooo many nicknames for him.

- Response by mrshopkins, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

No, that's sexy.

- Response by girlnluv09, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I think if you have children and you are wanting your kids to call him daddy then it's okay. Otherwise, I think it's kind of strange. There is only one man I call daddy and that is my dad!! I hope my daughter will be the same way when she marries. But if that floats your boat, then go with it!

- Response by Female, 29-35, Home Maker

nope, I'm sure he likes it!

- Response by kira85, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Financial / Banking

????? Whats wrong with that? Couples all the time have cutsie names for each other. If it works for them, that should not be of concern to anyone else.

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

Not at all. :) I call my boyfriend that sometimes.

- Response by angieblue, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Executive

I call my boyfriend that all the time, especially when he tries to give me his life lesson lectures, I'm like ok Daddy LOL and since he will be one soon for the first time, it definitely fits. :)

- Response by phillychickie311, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Philadelphia, Administrative

I don't think its wrong, as long as both of you are okay with it.

I find my husband and I are calling each other "momma" and "daddy" all the time, because we refer to each other as such with the dog... (ie: "Loki, go find Daddy") and it just kinda got to be habit!

- Response by chicabonita82, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I have to say, I've always thought it was rather strange. But whatever floats your boat! I just wouldn't do it myself. Freud would have a field day with this one. ;-)

- Response by crazyinlove923, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I don't think its wrong. To our cats, my husband is Daddy and I am Mama. If you have pets or kids, it is totally normal. Like when my husband comes home, I'll look at the cats and say "Daddy's home!" but its not like a main nickname or anything...and i don't really do it out in public.

- Response by mrsjsqanda, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Atlanta, Who Cares?

every married couple i know calls their hubby that.

- Response by southbaygirl23, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles

I always found it odd when my Aunt called my Uncle daddy. I would have a hard time getting used to my wife calling me daddy not that she ever would.

- Response by tnix123, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Managerial