Why do some guys prefer to text rather than to call?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:23 AM - Sunday January 11, 2009

A guy That i haven't seen in awhile but am intrested in text me 4 nights ago asking me how i was and if i had plans for my birthday which is next month and asked if it was ok to call i told him he could call me but haven't heard from him since. Any insight?

Update: January 11, 2009.
thank you for all of your responses.They were very helpful.

- Asked by hazeleyes1109, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Food Service

MOST men, not all, literally HATE the telephone. Why? Because most men do not have the verbal skills that women do. The ones that DO, still dislike talking on the phone. That is not their preferred method of communication. But, sending text messages is something they CAN do just fine AND it spares them long, drawn-out conversations that they feel is a waste of good time.

If you get text messages, I would take that as a VERY INTERESTED signal. Men do not put out the effort, if they do not care. This is the truth.

uoi answred first before I had a chance."A guy:" the do and are real curious creatures. Call him, he may have lost your number,

- Response by Luved2much, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Home Maker

1. Guys dont like to use phones because they dont like talking for hours like us.
2. I have a friend who is a player and he does that so the girls get use to only send text message to him, so the girls will not call whe he is with his gf.
3. Is cheaper to send text message

- Response by scandia, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

some guys like to text some like to talk on the phone. i know a few who do everything in text and only a couple who prefer to talk on the phone. seems like texting is the thing to do now because it is brief and to the point an d doesnt have to go on for a long period of time. lol!sometimes i find myself texting more than talking on the phone lately..it has become a habit. lol! :) lol!

- Response by swtnsxy2, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Guys don't like to talk as much as we do.I call my brother,he talks about 5 min and he is ready to get off the phone.Unless there is a specific purpose,or a problem that needs solving he has no desire to chit chat about things that don't matter,like where the jeans are on sale this week.Who said what about who and so on.Texting is short and to the point and doesn't involve idle chitchat because it takes works to text back and forth and they figure you'll get tired sooner or later :)

- Response by beachy, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Technical

i dont think he have the time for you. hav you ask him why? any guy who hav interest would want to hear your voice,he should not be too busy for that. besides texting may take more time than just calling to say hi and how you doing. i think he is not really ready for an intense communication right now.

- Response by latifad, An Engaged Girl, Female, 22-25, New York, Student

He will call when he has the time.

It's a quick way to stay in touch. You don't have to have a long conversation just a quick hello. It's convenient

- Response by jessie2265, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental