How many of you have been "visited" by a dead relative in your dreams or dream state reality?
Race, Religion & Politics / 11:27 PM - Saturday January 10, 2009

When my mother died, I got a few visits from her in my dreams. Just a mother checking on her son. There were no "magic" or directional pathways to travel. For years, I felt that I had a "guardian angel" nearby.

Update: January 11, 2009.
Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I gave out my three stars, but everyone of you deserved one because of your honest participation. As I mentioned earlier, I was visited by my mother a few months after her death in 1980. I didn't know if it was just deep grief or something real. I felt "protected" for years, and lived a rather happy life. In the last 8 years, I lost at least 6+ family members, some relatively young. None of them, have come to me yet or I haven't been conscious of it. Several of those family members that died, were upset with me when they died. For example, my grandmother was going down hill fast, and couldn't live alone anymore. I had to be the one to put her in a "board and care," and later in a nursing home. She lost her home and everything that she worked for because she was full of hate (read as dementia, post stroke). I have been having a run of bad "luck" /misfortune, and she was from New Orleans. So, I may have been cursed by her or her other living relatives. I believe that we have "GUIDES" that appear from time to time, and they are usually our relatives who have passed over. These are messages that John Edwards, Van Praagh and Silvia Browne talk about. They say that they aren't anymore special than we are, except that they have learned to "tune in" to the messages better than we have. Whether they are right or wrong, I feel better knowing that my mother is still loving me from the other side. Interesting that this topic found me now, because her birthday is this Monday. (FYI, I was her only son, and yes, I was somewhat of a mama's boy).

- Asked by rhunt0210, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

Once by my grandmother which was a lengthy conversation and once very briefly by my father who called my name over and over.
This acknowledgement has bought me to tears.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

My grandfather came to me in a dream the night he died. Nothing mythical or magical, just seemed to be there to tell me 'its okay, everything is okay, I love you and I'm well here.'

That still sticks with me. I've never seen him in another dream since.

Sometimes my grandmother will mention that he came to her in a dream. In the last she said he was standing in a doorway calling her and reaching for her hand. He wanted her to come to her, but he wouldn't go to her, he wouldn't move. She said she told him in that dream, "I'm not ready yet." And if she's dreamt of him since she hasn't mentioned it.

- Response by sweetness04, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Artist / Musician / Writer

My grandpa!!!! Been dead since 1965, but he still visits me in my dreams and still gives advice about situations I'm going through!

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65

a couple nights after my last grandfather's funeral, him and another grandfather were in my dream. i didn't get to say goodbye to the one that had just passed. it was kind of weird.

- Response by applecorp, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

Well, my maternal grandmother appeared to me once, shook her finger at me and scolded me, "Stay away from my blackberry wine."

It was too late.

- Response by bookman, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

May sound silly but, I still see my first dog from time to time. I will see her in my dreams and in the corner of vision sometimes.

- Response by kilna1, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

I get visited frequently. After my grandparents passed away my husbnd and I purchased their home. They were there all the time, I always felt someone standing behind me or there was sounds of slow steps. I have since moved to a smaller home, the friend I purchased this home from passed away and I know she visits a few times a month. Why? because I smell either cigarette smoke or sulpher, I do not nor ever have smoked. I find this quite comforting though.

- Response by kimmie46, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Managerial