My boyfriend talks to me in a baby voice and i cannot stand it!
Dating / 7:04 AM - Saturday January 10, 2009

my boyfriend talks to me in a baby voice and i cannot stand it!

i've been with my boyfriend for a little over two years at at the beginning of our relationship everything was amazing..we have been living together now for a year and since we moved in together he constantly talks to me in a baby voice. he doesn't talk to me like that when we're out in public but when it's just us he can't seem to help himself. this is starting to become a HUGE turn off for me and i've told him (in the nicest possible way) about it but he just gets upset and offended. what the f should i do!?! i love him and we talk about marriage but there is no way i can marry someone who can't talk to me like an adult. is this normal? do most men talk to their girlfriends in "baby talk"?

UGH!!!! Baby talk? You must tell him to stop or you will never have sex with him again. That would be a deal breaker for me, I could put up with him leaving the toilet seat up, being messy, watching too much football, etc... Why don't men know most women hate baby talk? I've dated alot of men over my 43 long years of life, only 2 have talked the baby talk, one stopped when asked and I kept him around a bit, the other could not so he was exiled from my fabulous presance forever. Good luck!

- Response by squeezle, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

That would definitely be a huge turn off! Does he do it all the time or just like when your snuggling?

- Response by blueyedame, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Indianapolis, Who Cares?

I didn't know that this kind of problem existed at all... My bf talks babyish sometimes but not so often. I never know how to react to that. LOL
You should tell him in more serious manner or it'll become very big issue.

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

If you have asked him to stop and he refuses, it is time to speak his language.
Bye, bye, boo, boo
It's time to date an adult.

- Response by ooleetoo, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Science / Engineering

When my step son came home speaking ghetto speak I refused to hear it. Told him if he wanted or needed anything he had to speak proper English. Broke him of the habit really quick. When your bf uses baby speak, just don't hear him. He'll get the point.

- Response by blackkat, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Just tell him YOU don't like it....
Tell him to be a MAN, not a baby....

- Response by redmark40, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

its cute when a woman does it once in a while...
i've never done it...

- Response by kramer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

The guy I'm seeing now has the same affliction, and I call it that, because I can't stand it, either. I've already given birth to, and raised 3 kids..I dont want another1 to raise. I can't help it, but that's the feeling that I get when someone does that to me. And most men won't do that to you.

- Response by tortureu2, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

I feel your frustration...I have the same problem with my Boyfriend (he's 43)I cannot stand it anymore. I have asked him to stop so many times. He just doesn't get it. He pouts and and acts like a child being scoulded. Not only does he do it all the time at home he'll do it public, like he thinks it's acceptable and or cute. Damn it just sends to were I don't want to be with him anymore. This started after I moved in with him 6 yrs ago. Yeah 6! come on already, enough f'n baby talk, 1 place and 1 place only do I want to hear it.I think he has intimacy issues, I notice he will do this when he wants some...It grosses me out so much I cannot even be around him.
He 43 and acts like an idiot with this goo goo ga ga crap, He proposed 1 yr ago and I really am having 2nd and 3rd thoughts of doing this for the rest of my life. I want an adult relationship. I'm all for fun, but, this is just a really bad joke that has gone on long enough!

- Response by riverstone1, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

If the baby talk doesn't stop tell him he will be back in diapers and a romper.

- Response by dustoff, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65