My ex gave me herpes. now im afraid that i wont be able to have unprotected sex.
Sex & Intimacy / 5:45 AM - Saturday January 10, 2009

my ex gave me herpes. now im afraid that i wont be able to have unprotected sex.

After one year, my boyfriend and I decided that it would be alright if we had unprotected sex; we were living together at the time. However, he was cheating on me, and the woman that he was cheating with had herpes. He passed the std on to me. Now, he is gone (living with her, of course) and I am stuck with an incurable std. I am so afraid to even have sex now, more so unprotected sex. Is it possible to have unprotected sex without spreading herpes?

There are times when chances of spreading it is low...When you are between outbreaks.Seee a dr. to advise you.What a dog he is to do this to you and anyone else he damaged.Kill the mf

After what he did toyou, why would you ever wnat to have unprotected sex again????I hope you will tell you new partner ahead of time that you have this STD and not pass it on to him.

there is a medication (Valtrex) that can help you to manage your herpes out breaks . I recall in th 80tys when herpes was the worst thing going on and there were dating communities were people with herpes dated others with herpes (just a thought)
I am sorry that you took such precautions and still contracted as disease. It would disturb me to feel my life would be all about protected sex. there are support groups to help you sort this all out and you may find one on line. The nice thing about support groups is that you will find other that have been sitting with all of the feelings ,fears, and concerns that you have now and have found there way threw them and they can help you when you face dating again and all of live with herpes.
really it is ok ...this will get better for you.

Herpes Chat Rooms and GroupsOn-Line Herpes Chat Site. Requires a browser that supports Java. America Online Chats. You need to be a subscriber. Yahoo Herpes Groups ...
www.globalherbalsupplie s

I googled herpes supports and then checked this link out and that is a lot of information there .....give it a try:)

I feel bad and sad for you. I recall vividly how a very beautiful 16 year old girl -- well, the guy she hung with, they did not use protection -- and she got herpes. She chopped off her most beautiful hair, and left town. The same guy had given it to his ex girlfriend, so he ws an ass, for not telling them. That made me think a lot. And one time, this guy had three round what looked like pimples on his thing, and I just decided no would be better. You're in a tough spot.... sorry he did this to you.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Yes, it is. I've had it for over 20 years, thanks to a girl that gave it to me, right after she was infected.

Now, for *almost* ever sexual encounter, I've always used condoms. Not just to minimize the risk of transmission, but for birth control. However, I have not used condoms 100% of the time, nor am I using them now, with my current partner.

She doesn't have herpes, and we've been having unprotected sex for nearly a year.

Now, what I'm saying should never replace a doctors advice, however, it's my personal belief, that due to my level of fitness & health, as well as a relatively healthy, hygienic & reasonably fit lifestyle, that this has minimized any outbreaks, as I only had a few minor outbreaks after the initial one, within the 1st 2 years of infection.

I haven't had any noticeable outbreak in well over 15 years. However, that doesn't mean it's impossible for me to pass it on to someone.

It may depend on your personal physiology, or, as I mention, your attention to your health may help, but ultimately, you're shooting craps if you have unprotected sex.

I strongly advise you, to be honest with your partners, before having sex with them, condoms or not, as condoms are not 100% protection, despite what is commonly believed.

Yes, this will scare some away, but not all of them. I've had a couple of women scared off, but the majority of the women I've dated, understood the risks, and recognized that I put their health in high importance, by telling them, so they could make the best decision for them.

Yes, it's scary when you're 1st infected, as there are a lot of things you don't know, and it makes you feel like your sex life is over.

It's not.

The 1st thing you need to do, is consult your doctor, and fully educate yourself on all your options.

And FYI, I do not take any type of anti-outbreak medication. I did during the initial outbreak, but haven't taken any since.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?

....gee....what a guy your boyfriend is!

herpes?...to his girlfriend?

He sounds like the kind of guy who'd also give pregnant cats to his friends for Christmas.

- Response by unclemeat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

No there is alwasy a risk of spreading them so the unprotected sex is over for your lifetime

not the worst std you could get by a long shot.
there are 2 types like on your mouth and down below-both types can be at either place.
usually you are safe between outbreaks-but you never really know when an outbreak will happen-stress-immune system breakdown.
most all of us have some form of herpes virus in us. mostly it is an annoyance and not life threatening.

The most common herpes viruses are herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2). Usually HSV-1 causes cold sores or fever blisters on or around the lips, and HSV-2 affects areas below the waist, causing genital herpes. But both HSV-1 and HSV-2 viruses can cause herpes outbreaks in either area. Other common herpes infections include chicken pox and shingles, which are caused by the herpes zoster virus.

try valtrex prescription

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

Yes, it is. However, it is not dependable. It is better to use protection.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

ahhh the gift that just keeps on giving.
seriously though, see a doctor. there are plenty of medications-pills, creams, etc out there to help control it especially during the outbreaks.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental