Ear piercing, how long do I have to wait to repierce it, if its off.
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 11:59 PM - Friday January 09, 2009

ear piercing, how long do I have to wait to repierce it, if its off.

I gotmy ears pierced forthe first time yesterday at 2pm, now I have noticed that my right ear has been more painful than my left, and it is slightly higher up than my left, and people are telling me they noticed a difference, but some are saying it could that my ear lope is swollen. I noticed the difference when I first got them done, although the guy measured my ear lobes. Now here I am 24 hours later very concerned and in pain in that ear, not much pain but slight amount, its not infected, just closer to the caralege part of my ear lobe, so I was wondering how long do I have to wait to get it repirced? a week, a month? whats the average time frame? Suggestions are very welcome and desired.

- Asked by Authenticity, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

In any case, you will need to let it heal before you can change anything. Let them heal closed, and start over. You need to realize that earlobes are living parts of the body, and the side you are having an issue with just might be an issue forever, especially if it is the side you sleep on. I have full cartilage in my right ear, and nothing in my left, so the hole on the left side is easier to work with and slightly higher than the right. You are probably stressing without cause. If they measured, he probably got as close as the lobe is going to let you, and nobody else will ever notice anyway.

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

If it's bothering you that much, take the piercing studs out and let your ears heal. Once they've healed completely (meaning the holes have closed up), you can get it done again. Just make sure the marks made on your ears are where you'd like before getting them re-pierced. And since you say that you just got them pierced yesterday, the sooner you take out the studs, the faster the healing time will be.

- Response by veraxaudeo, A Player, Female, 29-35, Detroit, Student

u prob have to take it out to let it close first, then go somewhere reputable that will actually measure them. i had my 2nd holes done by clairs and they're uneven. i always thought so, but wasn't sure until i was getting my 3rd holes and the piercing place said something about it. but, mine are too late to change, obviously. i would also recommend letting both close so u don't look stupid having one earing while the other side heals. on a side note, i will never get my ears pierce again, i hardly ever wear earrings and the higher up it goes, the more i can't sleep on my side.

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Did you remove the stud, and are you using the clensing agent the gave you to wash your lobes? If you removed it, thats a mistake, get it put back in. you should be using that clensing agent at least 6 times daily.
I have 3 hole in both my earlobes, and I pierced them myself with a safty-pin. There was not much pain at first,but if I slept on oneside more than the other, I could tell. I used clensing agent I bought at walmart. That was 15 yrs ago, still no problems. Except when I jerk them out, as I'm combing my beard.

- Response by 1littleman2, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Student

You probably won't be able to depending on how close it is.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial