Why would he come off strong and back off all of a sudden? Thanks for your help!
Dating / 9:37 AM - Thursday January 08, 2009

This guy I really like texted me during Christmas break, yesterday and I ran into him today. We mentioned going to the bars tonight and I said I'd contact him. I texted him and asked if he was still up for going out, he said of course. He seemed really interested and texted twice saying he wanted to, so I asked what he had in mind and he said "I have you in mind what do you want to do?". I then told him my friends didn't want to go out but if he wanted to do something anyway. He said his didn't either, that maybe it'd be better to go on the weekend but that he was watching his team and if I wanted to come watch. Why the heck would he come off so strong at first and then back off? Do you think maybe he realized he'd been really strong and chickened out, or he meant to say something else when he said that thinking about you thing? Maybe my saying the friends thing made him think I didn't want it to be one on one? What do you guys think? Thanks for your thoughts!

- Asked by imean, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

He was asking you to basically go to his house and watch his game with him, instead of going out. He suggested that you guys go out on the weekend. I don't think he isn't interested anymore, he just rather spend alone time with you.

- Response by simplybeautiful, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Tampa, Administrative