Can felons teach or work with children anywhere?
Career / 8:38 PM - Wednesday January 07, 2009

Are there any states where someone can teach with a felony record?

VERY doubtful. I have a felony on my record and can't even get a job at BURGER KING!

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I only know the law in my state. If the offense was violent or sex-related, absolutely, no. If the offense was more white-collar crime or non-violent, the law is fuzzy. The answer is -probably not - but there is a chance.

- Response by monana, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

It depends on the violation behind the felony and the audience you want to teach. It is alos important to know the venue for knowledge transfer -- primary, seconday, post secondary, vocational, etc. schools.

- Response by enlightenment, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Consulting

In PA felons can not even work at wal mart or Lowes

It would depend on the state and the district that hires you.
i know that to get into the college program you would have to submit a letter explaining your situation and be approved or you'd never get a certification. If you were tenured, you might have a chance, otherwise i would doubt it... but stranger things happen.

- Response by teach123, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching