Does acne smell bad?
Diet & Health / 2:51 PM - Sunday January 04, 2009

Does acne smell bad?

My husband has this issue with his back. His pores smell and he has terrible acne on his back. He bathes daily and scrubs his back, but the smell is always there. Could this be because of the acne on his back. It is such a foul oder, I can not dicrbe it except to say it is bad:( It is worst on the back of his neck and shoulders. What would be the best thing to use on his back to kill the smell?

wash with white dial soap it is a deoderant soap andantibacterial that should help if it doesnt see a doctor

- Response by swemur1, A Creative, Female, 46-55

Have you ever heard of a doctor/

They're these guys who go to school and study how to cure human illnesses.

If your husband goes to one they'll give him a magic pill called an anti-biotic and his skin issues will go away.

i honestly never heard of acne with an odor. Time to see the doctor!

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

its his diet... tell him to eat fresh foods and non processed foods. if he eats junk he will smell nasty.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

There usually isn't any overt body odor because of acne alone---unless it's an infection involving putrifying skin.

Examine other issues, such as diet, and the possibility that some kind of internal problem exists that is creating an imbalance and so toxins are being flushed through the skin.

Remember, the skin is the largest organ of "elimination" we have.

- Response by cardinalis, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

He might have a bacterial infection. He needs to see a doctor as soon as possible and get it treated.

doctor and diet two words of advice

- Response by dvgic, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Atlanta, Other Profession

I have never heard of acne having a smell...he may have something bacterial in his system and it is coming out through his pores. He could have boils any size and yes they do have an odor. Tell him when he takes a shower to use white vinegar to wash his back and neck where the break outs are to clean the pores and stay away from perfumed soaps. The vinegar dries up the pores and kills infection and it is good for taking the smell away. Besure to rinse really good so he doesn't carry the vinegar smell...use maybe an anibacterial wash afterwards. The vinegar should help clear his back in about a week. If you go to the doctor you can ask them to prescribe a cream to help clear up the acne. It's erethromyicin(yes, it's misspelled~sorry) in a white cream base. It has to be stored in the frig. You can help him with his back in the shower because you can see the break out spots better than he can. Good luck with this

I've known people with body acne, but never have I experienced an odor associated with it. You might want to encourage him to see a doctor about that...?

For the acne! I've found that a bar of tea tree soap, used regularly in the shower, will make the body acne go away! It worked both for my son, and a friend of mine. :)

sounds like an infection.

I see a trip to the doctor in your near future. ...seriously... see a doctor about this.

nothing is going to cover up the smell if he bathes every day and it still smells.

- Response by mrsjsqanda, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Atlanta, Who Cares?